Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:32 pm Post subject: Service Operations Center Engineer Palo Alto, CA
*** US Citizens & Green Card Holders Only ***
Title: Service Operations Center Engineer ("SOC Engineer")
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Type: Full Time
Weekend Day Shift
Sat and Sun: 6:30am to 7:30pm; Mon and Fri: 6:30am to 3:30pm
(other shifts may be available, as well)
We are searching for a seasoned Systems Engineer to participate in the development of our Service Operations Center and to provide ongoing technical support for our service infrastructure. This is a seed position that will provide ample opportunity for the right individual to grow into roles of greater responsibility as our business continues to grow. Candidates for this position must be able to work responsibly, independently, and with a high degree of professionalism as they are responsible for the technical integrity of a revenue-generating online service.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing the company service infrastructure and application set through proactive monitoring, first attempt repairs, coordination of escalations, and problem communications for a given shift. This will involve applying your talents, skills, and experience to maintain uptime and improve the reliability of servers, data center sites, application services, and network infrastructure for the entire company business. You’ll get to use your strong technical expertise to dive into the more difficult issues and work with Product and QA teams to improve our products, fine-tune supportability, and improve the overall quality of our service.
You will have the ground floor opportunity to develop the processes and tools needed to create a world class SOC for our unique service. Get ready to forge relationships, make an impact, and join a team currently leading the world in providing advanced, IP teleservices.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Unix Systems Administration
• Deep experience with designing, deploying, and administering LAMP
• Deep experience in world class SOC/NOC process and procedures
• Solid working knowledge of TCP/IP networking, Cisco IOS, BGP routing, load balancing, switching, F5, VPN(S), ISPs, IDC Peering, MAN, IDS
• Monitoring development experience with Cricket and Nagio a plus
• VOIP administration experience a plus
• Microsoft Exchange experience a plus
• ITIL Certification a plus
• BS in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
• Collaborative “team player” attitude
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum