Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ERuff
New Today: 11
New Yesterday: 42
Overall: 148422

People Online:
Visitors: 53
Members: 1
Total: 54 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Hornbill Support Works Reviews required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hornbill Support Works Reviews required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
swal87
Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Hornbill Support Works Reviews required Reply with quote

Good Afternoon,

We are looking to implement a Service Delivery Solution to aid in the delivery of support to the organisation.

At present I am favouring the Hornbill Supportworks platform.

My question is, has anyone had experience of deploying this software and did you encounter any problems.

Regards

Scott
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You lost me at "Service Delivery Solution to aid in the delivery of support "

As for opinion on a specific tool you might not find folks to be very receptive to that here. Generally we shy away from either endorsing or disparaging any specific tool or vendor. Your best bet would be to thoroughly understand and study your requirements. Short list possible vendors (which looks like you've done already) and have them do a proof of concept for you.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone does share with you, you will need to be sure you understand, inter alia, what their objectives were, what their requirements were and what their own experience/maturity level was so that you can work out how closely they match your own condition.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
swal87
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Hornbill Reply with quote

Thank you guys,

I take on board your feedback and fully understand that a review is only good when compared against the requirements and the restrictions set against the suppliers.

No information that hopefully would be shared would put me off on onto a specific solution.

I am specifically interested about any major show stoppers that might have been encountered, or system bugs.

I have already spec'd the requirements and have got in mid a preferred option, however all the information received would give me avenues to investigate.

Yours in anticipation

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: