Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: BMcclure
New Today: 16
New Yesterday: 68
Overall: 139774

People Online:
Visitors: 71
Members: 2
Total: 73 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Service Request Software for Every Department?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Service Request Software for Every Department?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Service Request Software for Every Department? Reply with quote

i'm an IT manager for a small organisation and have been using a 1 user demo version of Sysaid to handle all IT service requests.

the company is happy with how IT is managed through this software and is wanting to implement similar 'Service Request / Work Request
' software to handle the service requests for each department. i.e. for accounts, HR, marketing as well as IT etc..

does anyone know of any software out there that would be suitable for this?

individual work queues per department
ability to open, close, as well as forward requests between departments
ability to create different service request categories
basic reporting
basic email notification
web interface would be a big bonus

thank you
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask a few suppliers. They will swear, hand on heart that their product does all that and more Cool
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they will most likely be right. This is a pretty basic functionality and most even small scale product nowadays can handle that.
ronnie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've spent a lot of time looking but haven't come across any other than the usual IT specific packages. its a small scale one i'm after, do you know of any in particular that might be worth a review?
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnie

how small

I usually dont flog my own tools - but

www dot bluewebsoftware dot com

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ronnie,

Let me break this down for you with an example: Lets compare an S-Class Mercedes with a nice black colored donkey. mY objective here is to go from home to work and vise versa every day. So the mercedes for example is much more expensive than the black shiny donkey and it will definitely get you there much faster with a smile on your face. Where as for the donkey it might take you hours, not to forget that it might sh** all over the place but it will still get you there.

What I'm trying to say here Ronnie, that there are alot of softwares out there. As you mentioned Sysaid is one of them and they all do the basic requirements that you asked for. But the difference is that some of them are really expensive, others are very complex some of them are simple but might not meet your requirements.

So what I suggest is the following: write a list chosing what is desired and what is required from that software. Get your staff and teams involved, set the budget and objectives for this project then start looking for the right tool. Also dont forget that the option to develope and tailor your own tool is still available.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnie wrote:
i've spent a lot of time looking but haven't come across any other than the usual IT specific packages. its a small scale one i'm after, do you know of any in particular that might be worth a review?

Ronnie,

just google "workflow software". you will find everything from open source to very expensive.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie,

There is also a Service Desk show that you can attend with lots of suppliers that can provide you live demonstration on their products. This show is in London and its on the 28th & 29th of April. Just take your checklist and enjoy the tour and goodies Smile

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
ronnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear chosen one, give yourself a break.

"workflow software".. this gives much better results than the search strings i've been using, thank you.
ronnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks viking i'll check `it out
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronnie wrote:

"workflow software".. this gives much better results than the search strings i've been using, thank you.

Ha!

My greatest contribution yet. And it gets misattributed. No wonder I can't get a job. Twisted Evil
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
ronnie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid wrote:
ronnie wrote:

Ha!

My greatest contribution yet. And it gets misattributed. No wonder I can't get a job. Twisted Evil

it isn't misattributed and i'm very grateful

but your over-expectation and lack of belief in self may be attributing to the experience of joblessness

try not to need the job, appreciate the simple things, work hard in all you do and accept whatever job comes your way, even if it isn't to your exact profession

all the best
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should drop the irony.
William Penn 1644-1718
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just gave you a flashy advice mate. Just in a different flavor. I could probly list to you more than 50 work flow softwares and none of those might match your needs. So get your list and check the website that UK gave you or go to the show, they will be amazed of the amount of good softwares in there.

Regards,

TCO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: