Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Donneaai
New Today: 12
New Yesterday: 69
Overall: 146110

People Online:
Visitors: 59
Members: 0
Total: 59

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - please help me!! i will be gracefull to you forever..plz
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

please help me!! i will be gracefull to you forever..plz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ambi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: please help me!! i will be gracefull to you forever..plz Reply with quote

Hello everybody!! Smile
hope you are doing well!!
i am ambri from india.23 years old. just 3 months back i completed my Engineering in Computer science. but frankly speaking i am not interested with technical side. but i want get good job and good salary. and in the same time one of my friend suggested me to do ITIL v3 course. and i will get good job and good growth.even i am interested in mgmt side. so is it usefull? do i get job? by this information i think you can understand my situation.
please i am in confusion. wasting life.
please help......... i will be gracefull to you forever.

awaiting for quick response ..

take care
with regards
ambri....
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get job.
Sigh... before you take another set of courses/certifications, maybe you should consider carefully whether you want to do this too, so that you don't end up like you did with you engineering degree. And no matter how many certifications you have you won't get a great paying job (of course it's all relative) being just out of school and no experience.
SwissTony
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try learning how to cook french fries.....there is always job opportunities with Mc....and growth opportunities.

Seriously, think about what you will be doing, not just that you may get money & security. Do the ends out weigh the means? Neither of those is guarrenteed. At 23 you have many years in which ever line of work you take, you should know which direction you wish to go, & if that really inspires you then you will not need to ask some strangers on the net whether it is correct for you & if you will get a job.
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time you see your friend give him a punch in the mouth for giving you such poor career advice.

I would also give yourself a punch for believing him.

If you look around these forums, there are some very good / trained / experienced people who currently have no job.

It does not fall that if you get a qualification, that you will immediately be exposed to hundreds of well paid job offers.

Additionally, you need experience, strength, motivation, direction, flexibility,aptitude and a shed load of luck.

However if having a good salary is something that motivates you the best advice I can give is don't have children - at least you may end up spending some of it on yourself.
TomOzITIL_2
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this one of those spam threads where I send it to 10 friends and they will receive everlasting happiness?

Or is the author the son of a Nigerian oil baron who wants to deposit USD100,000,000 into my account?
dam
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
I've always appreciated the humour used in this forum to liquidate improper postings. By the way don't forget that India is today a major playground for outsourced western IT services. Therefore it is not surprising that people there look at the ITIL certifications as a miraculous key for their careers. And that they don't have the insight we may have in Europe or US. I guess -but I don't have direct experience so I just guess- that in India the routine is not look for a job, start working and then get a certification to orientate your career but more get a certification to start working and than orientate your career.
I'd love to hear about this from someone working there.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam

I think you are correct.. even in europe there is a facination with certificate, degrees and crediation that is not found in the US

I am a YANK in the UK. I dont have a degree or A Levels or GCSEs

and it always bemuses me that people state on their CV

I have 9 GCSE or 6 A Levels.

even for jobs working in McDs

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Viking,
have you ever been knocked back for a job on account of not having a degree or particular certification?
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a fascination with degrees and acronyms everywhere. I love a resume with millions of MBAs, PMPs, ITILs, ITSMs, MSCCs etc, etc, etc...

Make a person look really important but makes you wonder if you are worthy of them.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DYBeach

Not in last 20 years as a full time person. As a contractor, yes

As a contractor now, they look for experience first and then the Red badge (and the roles usually state the Red Badge)

I have done 7 interviews for 7 different roles

I am on my 3rd contract

For the roles I did accept, they were looking for experience over certification and as contractors the rules are different

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
DYbeach
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here I'd say it depends, but it's mainly experience although any post foundation ITIL helps.
I may be looking in the new year so hopefully that's right
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: