Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: IAlfonso
New Today: 1
New Yesterday: 94
Overall: 141250

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 3
Total: 66 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - How I am implementing ITIL
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How I am implementing ITIL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBlank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: How I am implementing ITIL Reply with quote

All,

I am working with a large enterprise and am in charge of increasing service levels using ITIL and process-improvement activities.

As I review the literature, there seems to be any number of ways to approach implementation, and I can appreciate that.

I am taking the following approach:

1) define a service catalog (underway - an enormous undertaking)
2) select a service for a pilot
3) write a draft SLA for the service, this gives us service targets in a cross-disciplinary sense
4) review ITIL for best practices that might be applicable to the service
5) improve the service by re-engineering the processes as necessary in order to meet the performance metrics set forth in the SLA
6) establish an SLA monitoring capability, find an SLA monitoring tool
7) pick another service, rinse and repeat

any feedback would be valued
javierarcal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Criteria to choose that IT Service ? Reply with quote

Hi,

Your procedure is quite good it follows the schema:

where do we want to be? (Vision and business objectives) -> Where are we know? (Assesments) -> How do we get where we want to be? (Process change) -> How do we know we have arrived? (Metrics)

My only question is how have you choosen that service for pilot? and have you define an order to implement gradually ITIL processes among all your IT services in your organization?

After perfom an ITIL process maturity assesment you should propose and agree with your organization the order for implementing ITIL into it.

Best Regards
Javier
Madrid-Spain
itil_asia
Itiler

Location: South East Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: SLM ? Reply with quote

Just curious, why starting your ITSM roadmap by focusing on Service Level Management ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: