Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: WMusselma
New Today: 6
New Yesterday: 98
Overall: 143680

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 7
Total: 70 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ISO 20000 and ITIL V3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ISO 20000 and ITIL V3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puskar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: ISO 20000 and ITIL V3 Reply with quote

How do we match up ITIL V3 and ISO 20000. What I read about ISO 20000, it was aligned to ITIL V2. Now that we have V3 in place how are we aligning both of them? Or is there some other refresh for ISO coming in too? Rolling Eyes
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puskar,

Type "itil v3 and iso 20000" in google and read the first PDF. Thats what they call spoon feeding.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ISO 20000 will take ITIL V3 cause it got more characters.
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tco,

how embarrassing. I had never seen that document. Thanks.

That said, I cannot see any reason to worry about things. If you want to be certified to the standard, then you design systems, using ITIL guidance, to meet the standard. The apparently close relationship is irrelevant and it would be illogical to expect it to remain so close as the developmental directions of the two are very different.

If I were building a service management system (and I will as soon as someone asks me to), I would use the standard as my ruler (whether I was going for certification or not) and ITIL as a collection of crayons for drawing the line.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: