Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TKCC
New Today: 50
New Yesterday: 76
Overall: 142345

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 1
Total: 64 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Help Needed: Guide me on ITIL Masters Certification
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed: Guide me on ITIL Masters Certification

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubbuA
Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Help Needed: Guide me on ITIL Masters Certification Reply with quote

Hi All,

I am V3 foundation certified. I wrote this certificate because at least I needed some certification to be eligible in ITIL roles. With not much of book reading I managed to score 90%.

I am planning to write ITIL Masters directly. Please help me with it.

I have close to 6 years working in ITIL. And over 4 years implementing ITIL. I have worked as an Incident Manager, Problem Manager, Release Manager and now am working as a Global Change Manager. Also, I am working as a consultant for ITIL Capacity Management with this leading market research company. I have done due-diligence and transition for ITIL implementation for a worlds leading asset management firm. I have in my past experience written policies and procedures. I have played roles on deciding the functionality that needs to be cooperated in the ITSM tool so as to ensure better ITIL implementation within the organization. So my experience with ITIL implementation has been good and just that I have not really prepared myself to write the certification. I used to read materials from internet so as to seek assistance for my roles and that way I have read quite a few articles.

I would love to take on higher managerial roles and move towards Service Delivery Manager. For which I for sure would need an ITIL Masters.

Please help me with the following:

What are the certifications that is expected for a Service Delivery Manager to have?
What preparation is required for clearing ITIL Master's certificate?
and how do I approach myself to form a good road map for my career path?

I don't want to write ITIL intermediate certificate as I am confident that being in implementation for 4 years should by knowledge have me above the intermediate level.

Is it possible to write ITIL Mater's without writing ITIL intermediate or ITIL expert?

Please guide me with the best path and the preparation tips for this
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No is the answer.
With V2 you could go straight to Managers from Foundation, without sitting Practitioner.
With V3 you MUST sit several Intermediate courses - they are worth 3 or 4 points each, and you need to get 15 points to add to your 2 from Foundation before you can sit yet another course, managing across the lifecycle, for the final 5 popints to get you to Expert. THEN, you can try and achieve Master level, but what is required for that has not been announced yet, and so no-one has it.
The faster and cheaper way to expert is the v2 Managers courses and exam, and then the Manager's bridge, but the Managers will be stopping soon.

So you will need several more courses.
SubbuA
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject: Thank you for this reply Reply with quote

Few more questions to get myself clarified...

Any idea when would the manager's be stopped. If I take a V2 Manager's and then the bridge soon, will I need to do more courses to achieve expert..

Any Idea if there will be a tweak in the way it is now....meaning...if I achieve a ITIL expert this way, will it put in backseat in compariosn to other experts

Regards
Subbu A
mnsmith
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subbua

Considering you've taken the v3 foundation exam, taking the v2 managers exam is not possible, unless you undertake the v2 foundation exam first.

Could I suggest looking at the official ITIL website which contains a lot of answers to your questions, such as the amount of time left to take the v2 exams and the route to ITIL master. The website is itil-officialsite (dot) com.

Hope that helps
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you for this reply Reply with quote

SubbuA wrote:
Few more questions to get myself clarified...

Any idea when would the manager's be stopped. If I take a V2 Manager's and then the bridge soon, will I need to do more courses to achieve expert..

Any Idea if there will be a tweak in the way it is now....meaning...if I achieve a ITIL expert this way, will it put in backseat in compariosn to other experts

Regards
Subbu A

The V2 withdrawal is as follows:
* V2 Foundation to cease 30 June 2010
* V2 Manager to cease 31 August 2010
* V2 Practitioner to cease 31 Dec 2010
* Foundation Bridge to cease 31 Dec 2010

All of the above will be available for re-sits until 30 June 2011
* Manager Bridge to cease 30 June 2011

As I said before, the Managers and Managers bridge is enough to get you to Expert, and it will be worth exacrtly the same as the other route to expert. However it may be a faster and cheaper route - it is NOT EASIER!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: