Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JSPL
New Today: 79
New Yesterday: 63
Overall: 139408

People Online:
Visitors: 62
Members: 0
Total: 62

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - case for a liar
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

case for a liar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
transformer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: case for a liar Reply with quote

Hi guys ,
do u have any idea about how to discover if somebody is pirating his ITIL SM certificate, lying to his company & saying he has taken it . How can we prove it from OGC , does this require ITIL foundation ID , & what if it is not available ???

Can this be discovered ??
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tranformer,

Yes this can be verified through the exam provider and the certificate number. You should find those details on the certificate, you can then email the provider ex: exin to verify the details using the unique certificate ID.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to the ITIL Official site, and check on the Successfulo Candidates Register - this includes all EIs, but people can opt not to have their details included
transformer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is that I don't have any certificate for him , no ID , all what I have is the name .
what I want help in , How many ITIL providers around the world , are they 3 only or more ???. & can I mail them or I have to be an authorized person to ask them about the information ??
I don't need something optional , I need a place where all ITIL certificate handlers are found obligatory not optional . ( i.e: when every body has an ITIL certificate , he is registered by a unique ID world wide . is this right ????
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such place. The official site covers all the Examination Institutes, of which there are now several. You cannot ask APMG or the Examination Institutes to give you information without the permission of the candidate - that would be illegal.
I would check that site, and failing that, ask for his certificate
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask the person for the certificate (original). If he/she refuses to provide one, then assume they don't have it. That's what I would do.
SwissTony
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm just tried searching the Successfull Candidates Register for myself, & no entries were found. I have my certificate here.

So if you don't get any results frmo there, it is not necessarily true.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done something that I normally dont do. I stayed quiet on this one

However, I am now ready to put my 1 pence in or 1.58 cents in

transformer: are you in HR or included as part of the Human Resources department team that is vetting / verifying staff ?

If not, Why are you so interested in 'proving' some one does not have the credentials ?

Did he take a role you wanted ?
Did he win an argument / decision regarding something in the area of ITIL ?

Or are you trying to see if you can bluff the world by saying you have credentials in ITIL when the others can NOT prove this

Either way, there are several legal - employment, personal - minefields in trying to 'expose' some one.

If you have concerns on some one's competence and level of knowledge, your first step is your own mgmt chain and of course your HR representative

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: