Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: WQut
New Today: 42
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146255

People Online:
Visitors: 48
Members: 3
Total: 51 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Service Managers Version-2 - ISEB -EXIN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Service Managers Version-2 - ISEB -EXIN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashish211

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 am    Post subject: ITIL Service Managers Version-2 - ISEB -EXIN Reply with quote

ITIL Service Delivery Manager Version 2 training based on ISEB exams by accredited Training Provider in USA.

I want to appear for ITIL Service Delivery Version 2 Service Delivery examination remaining paper to pass.
a>Since no training provider is conducting ISEB exam, Can I appear for EXIT format ITIL Service Delivery Version 2 Service Delivery examination and get my certification completed.

b> Is there difference in question, exam and case study by EXIN as apposed to those by ISEB format.
thechosenone69
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ashish,

Can you please clarify your situation. Did you sit down for the ISEB exam Originally and now want to resit the exams with Exin? Anyways, I can provide you with some generic options until I get more details from you. If you want to complete with ISEB from the U.S, it is still possible. You can take it at one of the British councils all you need to do is contact ISEB for more details.

As for the differences, the exam questions and case studies in Exin differ from the ones in ISEB.
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashish

Also, if you have NOT sat the 5 day course for Service delivery, you can NOT take the exam. Taking the course is required.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ashish211

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: ITIL Service Managers Version-2 - ISEB -EXIN Reply with quote

I have:
1) Passed ITIL Foundation V2 exam.
2) Had attended ITIL Service Delivery Manager Version 2 training based on ISEB exams by accredited Training Provider in USA.
i.e Attained 5-days ITIL Service Support & 5-days ITIL Service Delivery training.
I have appeared for Version 2 ITIL Service Support & ITIL Service Delivery exam 1-year ago but passed only Service Support exam. I want to appear for ITIL Service Delivery exam.
Since no training provider is scheduling re-take exam in ISEB v2 Service Delivery exam, can I attain EXIN format of Service Delivery exam Version-2.
What is difference between ISEB & EXIN case study & exam format.

How should I schedule & prepare for Service Delivery paper exam in exit format, when I have attained training in ISEB format.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashish

Your question should be directed at the training organization that HAS to sponsor you for the exam

you first should go to the training company that provided you your training for the Service Delivery

They should be able to schedule you for the exam

From what I understood, there is really no difference from a EXIN or ISEB exam for the SS or SD for the core subject matter

Liz may be able to answer more ?

Liz ?

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EXIN exam format is a little different. I have advised him to contact ISEB, who can help arrange a re-sit through his training provider or directly
ashish211

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ISEB suggested to approach my training provider to schedule exam, but looks like it would be more costly in scheduling & appearing ISEB exam in USA than travel to UK/India.

I approached other training providers in USA who conducted ISEB training & exam, but they are not scheduling anything for V2- Manager Certification in ISEB.

Can you please let me know what are different topics, I wll have to prepare to appear for EXIN Format exam that was not included in ISEB training?
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topics are the same - the question format is a bit different. ISEB has 5 questions in 3 hours, each worth 20% of the mark, all of which have to be answered - some may be in parts.
EXIN ( I believe) may have more questions , but with fewer points to each - I do not know if you have a choice - I have never seen an EXIN paper, but they have the same syllabus
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXIN exam is the same, Liz. I took one in June.

5 questions, 3 hours, 20 marks per question, everything must be answered. Each question is typically broken into few parts. So sounds pretty much the same to me.

Also, if you go to the EXIN website, there are two sample exams - one for SS and one for SD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: