Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: charleslv18
New Today: 41
New Yesterday: 106
Overall: 149918

People Online:
Visitors: 45
Members: 0
Total: 45

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Advise required regarding the ITIL Expert Path
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advise required regarding the ITIL Expert Path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Herorules

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Advise required regarding the ITIL Expert Path Reply with quote

Dear all ITIL Experts and seniors,

i was surfing within this community for more than 2 hours and i really admire the way the ITIL Experts respond for the various questions about the ITIL i got the general Idea which is nothing come easy and to be honest in the beginning my concern was to find any sample for any of the intermediate exams and i failed, which makes me understand how much this certificates are powerful and achieving these certificates will greatly improve my skills in the service management.

therefore I'm intending to study and study and study only, but my question here is:
is there any advise on how to study, what is the required materials other than the OGC books that can assist me, what i meant is your personal experience this will help me to build my own study strategy.

and as there is no classroom courses available in my region i will go with online courses, also i need advise regarding this.

i have 6 years experience (technical and management) within this field as I'm working now as IT In-charge in medium size company but ITIL Expert will improve my managerial skills.

i appreciate any info you share with me.

regards,
Herorules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: 3 days and no reply Reply with quote

3 days and no reply??? no one can advise or write about his personal experience ??
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Therer is at least one company providing online Intemediate courses - you need to use google for that, as we cannot post links etc here.
As far as reading is concerned - thoroughly read the particular Lifecycle book - this is essential. You might also like to try
Passing Your ITIL Intermediate Exams ISBN: 9780113310999
ITIL V3 Capability Operational Support & Analysis Handbook (OSA)
ISBN: 9780113312085
ITIL V3 Capability Release, Control & Validation Handbook (RCV)
ISBN:
ITIL® Lifecycle Approach Based on ITIL® V3 Suite – 5 Management Guides (english version) ISBN: 9789087531089
I find the Capability courses more practical and interesting than the Lifecycle ones - so I would start with whichever one(s) that are relevant to the work you currently do
These are difficult exams - so good luck!.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herorules

There are no SLAs regarding any posts

There is not a Service Desk, support team or post resolution groups for posts

The Admin for this website works and removes in appropriate posts such as SPAM, etc

Since there are no SLAs, there is NO expectation as to when some one will respond to the post

Please do not do that again. My next response will reveal my inner Grumpy Ole Git - which has been mostly suppressed this year

Please ask questions; however, responses may be slower than a slow boat from Qatar to Shanghai (Grin)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I can't wait, John.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timo

Waiting for what ?

A response ?
A GoG response ?
Dinner ?
A waiter ?
the sun to shine ?
Godot ?
End of the world ?

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right. Pick on poor inoffensive Godot. Everyone does. But it was never his fault in the first place.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Herorules

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

i would like to thank Liz very much for the info, i appreciate the positive effort you made to write these information.

now Mr. John,

with all my respect and before i start i would like to inform you, please feel free to delete my post, even cancel my registration but i have the right to express my feelings the same way you did.

my Curious pushed me to ask for a reply to my question because I'm really interested in the ITIL Certificate, maybe this is a crime in your opinion but trust me its not worth it to REVEAL YOUR INNER GRUMPY OLE GIT.

People like you gives me the motivation to build my own experience (ITIL Expert Path) that i can share later with others to help them reach the same goal we all are/were following, but for sure not to show them that one of ITIL Expert Certificate benefits is INCREASING THE EGO LEVEL.

Kindly accept my apologies if i caused any hurts to you, and if you want me to be no more member of this community i will gently leave.
Timo
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the revelation of your inner Grumpy Ole Git.

UKVIKING wrote:
Timo

Waiting for what ?

A response ?
A GoG response ?
Dinner ?
A waiter ?
the sun to shine ?
Godot ?
End of the world ?
swansong
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...and if you want me to be no more member of this community i will gently leave

Please continue to post on this forum until you feel that it no longer serves its purpose for your needs, or you feel you have nothing to add. Its not UKVikings decision whether you continue to be a member of this forum.

If his responses annoy you just ignore them.
Herorules

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swansong wrote:

Please continue to post on this forum until you feel that it no longer serves its purpose for your needs, or you feel you have nothing to add. Its not UKVikings decision whether you continue to be a member of this forum.

If his responses annoy you just ignore them.

thank you and you are correct i need to stay here until i get the help i need or help other if i can too.

anyway i think my post was not easy to be answered as quick as i thought and UKVikings also have a point which i need to be patient.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: