Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: THetrick
New Today: 23
New Yesterday: 151
Overall: 130918

People Online:
Visitors: 77
Members: 6
Total: 83 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - I need your help plz
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need your help plz

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abusin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: I need your help plz Reply with quote

Dear all

I have 2 years exp working as network support in the Gulf Area and I have Certification such as CCNA , CCNA SECURITY , CCNA VOICE and I recently passed my ITIL foundation v3 , in fact I feel like the ITSM is the future
to get directly to my point am confused about the certification that I should take do I complete with my technical Certification like take CCNP , CCVP and so on or ignore it and take Certification like prince 2 and certification in customer management and so on , in fact I want to be an ITSM manger in future but for example in order to be an ITSM manger i need more than 7 years experience in the ITSM field , and now I have only itil v3 and my position now as a network support need from me to take another technical certifications so i will be able to handle my job and increased my salary ,,

to be clear I want to be an ITSM manger but am confused should I take a management certification and stop my technical certification or should I do it both , because I feel it is not logic to get for example an ITIL expert level Certification with only 4 or 5 years !! and if I have certification like ITIL V3 and prince 2 and another entry level certification what position do I look for ?

and if the choice is to do certification that will help me with ITSM like ISO and MoR , CMMI ..can you list to what Certification will help me in my case as an entry level to the ITSM

I hope you understand my point and am looking for your help
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abusin

This site is NOT a career advice site

However, look to some of the other requests for help where there has been a response

Having ITIL certification is NOT a guarentee to get a job, a higher paying job,a career or a high paying career

I think you fail to understand that ITSM and ITIL are not the same thing

IT SM is service management. IT SM is being done regardless of whether the company or the individual department took any course work

ITIL is a set of guidelines to how to do ITSM that is all.

If you want to be a manager in IT. Then progress in your field - Networking and work from a network supprt member to team lead and so on
This takes time - in any field

also, get appropriate certification and education that you can also apply

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: