Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:00 pm Post subject: Senior ICT Technical Architect, Back-end System
Senior ICT Technical Architect, Back-end System
Location Netherlands - Eindhoven
Organization PHILIPS SEMICONDUCTORS
Suborganization Chief Information Office (CIO) [/b]
Philips Semiconductors, headquartered in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, is part of Royal Philips Electronics and is one of the world's top semiconductor suppliers. Philips Semiconductors employs over 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries, has 18 manufacturing and assembly sites, 30 design centers, 4 system labs and more than 100 offices. Manufacturing facilities are in the USA, the Far East and Europe serving customers worldwide. We are considered one of the leading providers of semiconductor-based solutions for connected consumer and communications applications. At Semiconductors we work, for instance, on hardware and software system innovation and applications in a broad spectrum of key innovative markets like Storage (CD, DVD), TV, Display Audio, Tuners, Telecommunication, Connectivity and Automotive. Philips Semiconductors is well known for its innovation in the technical sector and, as such, is continually looking for creative people with the potential to add value to our organization. Our strength and success is attributed to the efforts of talented people.
Chain Management & Information Communication Technology (SCM&ICT) has the overall responsibility to ensure that information resources provide Philips Semiconductors' employees, customers and suppliers with easy and flexible access to reliable products and business process information. SCM & ICT implements business processes and information technology that are scaleable and adaptable while still providing continuity across the corporation. We also provide metrics, which continually monitor the quality of information technology resources and management.
Main purpose of the role of Senior ICT Technical Architect Back-end is to:
· Propose new Back-end services or changes in services to fulfill delivery of services within the Shared Service Center (SSC) portfolio of services across all markets (Business, Manufacturing and Engineering).
· Ensure that domain specific requirements are blended into a consistent technical architecture that leverages the capabilities of ICT inside semiconductors and the SSCs.
The Products created by the Architect are:
· Architecture roadmap for Back-end architecture layer layer (Back-end layer consists of Computing, Storage, Transport (LAN/WAN), Data Center Housing, IT management tools, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and B2B infrastructure).
· Solutions to Domain requirements for Engineering, Manufacturing and Business domain blended as much as possible to bring synergies from all domains forward to the global architecture.
· Technical leadership in innovation to SSCs and domain leads for solution creation.
Key area’s of responsibility are:
1. Analyze Back-end architecture layer specific maturity state (compliance) and future needs.
2. Update and advise on Technical and Procedural elements of the IT Architecture with the Infrastructure Architect.
3. Maintain the Back-end architecture and aid the governance of the overall architecture roadmap of IT SSCs by convincing and “selling” it to the major stakeholders.
4. Develop the (Custom/Internal) Design Specification and plans Availability, Capacity within Cost constraints for the new Back-end services.
5. Stay abreast of latest IT technology developments for Back-end architecture layer.
6. Define procedures, training requirements, and detailed ‘health’ parameters and measurements for transformation of SSCs and PD to agreed architecture roadmap. This implies a well prepared and documented service package for handover of new/changed Back-end services to SSCs and customers not yet served by an SSC.
7. Recommend policies for approval by the policy board to enable SSCs to achieve best in class service delivery.
8. Check and audit compliance of SSCs and other customers with the agreed Back-end architecture.
The Senior ICT Technical Architect Back-end reports to the Competence Center manager. He/she has no direct reports. The Senior ICT Technical Architect Back-end has peers in the domain side of the Competence Center.
Essential/Job Requirements Education:
· Bachelor or Masters degree in Information Technology or Business Management.Knowledge/experience:
· At least 5-10 years of relevant working experience.
· At least 5 years of experience in ICT solution architecture / solution design, covering Back-end services.
· Experience with working in international/global virtual team environment participating in international/global projects in an expert role.
· Good knowledge of the general possibilities of IT to support the realization of business processes.
· Good knowledge of the general principals of writing documentation for technical professionals.
. Good knowledge of Business Modeling methods and techniques to analyze and model technical processes in automated systems.
· Preferably knowledge of ITIL principles and metrics.
. Preferably knowledge of Philips organization and its ICT infrastructure.
· Customer and Services focus
· Analytical skills
· Team builder and team player in global environment
· Organizational and cultural awareness.
· Good business communication and presentation skills.
· Good business working knowledge of English, both verbal and in writing.
· Able and willing to transfer own knowledge and experience to others.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum