Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: JUVHT
New Today: 2
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 131834

People Online:
Visitors: 42
Members: 2
Total: 44 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Preparing a test exam for ITIL is that ok?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preparing a test exam for ITIL is that ok?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daniell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Preparing a test exam for ITIL is that ok? Reply with quote

Hi,

i got my ITIL v3 Foundations certificate a few months ago..

im creating a test to train users that visit my website and want to make the exin itil v3 foundations exam to get certified

is that ok? i mean that is any rule in ITIL prohibiting that?

thankz =]
Diarmid
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Generally it is necessary to be an approved trainer to provide public ITIL courses, although I believe there is no training requirement for the foundation course and therefore the rules may be relaxed. Nevertheless there may well be issues of copyright materials and you would have to avoid mis-representing what you are doing.

I'm not sure of the value of it either, since most people would want the services of skilled and experienced trainers, not someone who has merely managed to pass the Foundation course.

On the other hand if you are talking about some kind of training within your own organization and designed for the context of your organization, it is probably less of an issue, so long as you adhere to the requirements of copyright.

I cannot be more specific because it is not my field of expertise and I am unclear as to exactly what you are proposing. You need to talk to people who know about it, such as the examining boards and the owners of ITIL.

[Liz - feel free to shoot me down on this. I'm only responding in case you are not about for a while]
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diarmid,
you are right as regards copyright. APMG and OGC are very heavy about this. If you use copyright materials on your website without being an accredited Training Organisation, you will get into bother.
If what is being suggested is some training and or quizzes to assist people self studying, can I respectfully suggest that Daniell does not have sufficient knowledge to do this, having just sat a Foundation course. I spend hours preparing this sort of material, and it is very hard to make suer that you convey the points accurately from the books. Daniell would presumably be basing his website on what he thought he understood from a set of slides, or other material - a multiple choice exam does not show that your reasoning was correct, just that you chose the correct option.
I get a lot of people writing to me as they are struggling with sample questions they have found on the internet. Either these are the official mock exams, and thus in breach of copyright, or they are amateur efforts, riddled with mistakes. Good quality mock exam questions are hard to find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: