Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: mrhaswfm08
New Today: 72
New Yesterday: 153
Overall: 130969

People Online:
Visitors: 73
Members: 5
Total: 78 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Repeat calls - Any info??
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repeat calls - Any info??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCLOONY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Repeat calls - Any info?? Reply with quote

Hello All,

We have an internal Service desk to deal with all our initernal it issues. We are trying to improve on our service. We pulled a report from the IVR to see whether all our calls are getting recorded in our ticketing tool or not. Unfortunately there was a 30% difference. So, when we do an interro the standard answer is repeat calls. So any advice on how to manage this? How can we capture the repeat calls in our system and account them. Any information would be appreciated.

regards,
C
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GClooney

You are not really providing enough information for an intelligent, well thought out, polite response.

So this is what you get instead

Does your IVR system automatically create a ticket when the call is picked up ?
Or does it require the SD staff to initiate the ticket once they have a call active

The reason for having a 30% difference can be for the following reason

Mis-dials
Hanging up after calling and 1-ring
Stuck in Hold too long

You need to look actually at the wait time and the # of calls on wait time (in the queue) per hour to guage how things are

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
GCLOONY

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John!!!! Thanks for being kind.

No, the IVR doesn't create any ticket itself. The SD staff create a ticket. I think I didn't put the query correctly. Let me rephrase it.

How can we account for the customer calling in again for the same issue on the same ticket number. We update the ticket with the details of his contact but monthly if I have to pull a report and see, how can I do it. Hope I am able to explain my query.
Thanks
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT an ITIL issue but a work process issue and the questions your SD staff asks the person callling the SD desk

You need to see if there are instructions for the call answerers for them to initially process the call

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
liddingy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to look at using wrap up codes in your IVR system. SOmething as simple as a wrap up code for "Follow up call" or "Wrong number" etc will help to capture the 30% difference
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: