Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: EFairbair
New Today: 18
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 146231

People Online:
Visitors: 63
Members: 0
Total: 63

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Looking For An Active Position
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking For An Active Position

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HadynI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

I am looking for an active position in the areas of ITIL and ISO20000. I am an ITIL expert and Service Manager, an ISO20000 professional and am working towards the new ITIL Master and have been invited to the class for the new ISO20000 executive manager course.

I have taught all levels of ITIL both V2 and V3 and have a passing rate of 98 percent all the way to the top. I teach these courses as part of Professional Education Centers at the Universities here in AUstin Texas.

I also consult with companies who want to build solid initiatives and be confident of success in what they want to accomplish.

My academic credentials are also very good and so I would be a great asset to your organization/s.

You may be asking, why am I seeking an active position- well I would like to experience something a bit different now. I would not mind travelling and doing teaching and helping companies on their path to success.

And quite frankly- I think ideas are cool. I like to engage in riveting ideas and bring them to great 'doing' conclusions.

Contact me if there is interest- let's have a chat!
HadynI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

Incidentally, I forgot to mentioned that I am accredited and my training material is also accredited.
Thanks Smile
HadynI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

Forgive that bit of loose grammar! Happens sometimes!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for an inactive position where I can sit on the beach and not worry

I do not teach ITIL b.p or ISO 20000 or CoBIT. I got the certification and knowledge about these 3 and I applied them

I applied them when I worked full time as a employee for a major ISP / Telco

When I left full time employment as an employee, I became a conslutant / contract worker - a whore / a prostitute selling my knowledge for a decent rate of pay.

I have NOT been unemployed since I became a conslutant.

I take holidays between contracts and try to take time to learn new things.but hey.. most companies need the basic shit

Policy, process, procedures and clear roles and responsibilities for the same areas over and over

incident mgmt, problem
change mgmt, configh, release
software development lifecycle
IT operations over IT development

I would love to spend my time teaching instead of doing, but I find the old hoary is true - those that can do, those that cant teach.

Some people can combine teaching with operational implementation of the concepts of itil, cobit and iso20k. It is hard on that person to do so and they end up being better teachers and instructors because they were able to take the book knowledge and apply it to a real world situation and explain it to student and work colleagues

I am now approaching the 3rd year of the same contract of an never ending contract for a company that appreciates the work I do - they keep my contract running.

I train the staff into the concepts and same for the mgrs, they then pass it on to their people. I see the company put money into training, certification and then the application of that information.

Weee !!!!!

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
HadynI

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

John,

Why so sad- I have both taught and done all of my life- result is I also have nineteen patents
It's always good to enjoy what you do- if you don't do like me - walk!
BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John is getting absent minded in his old age

He also forgot to mention that he has shunned V3 certification in a stick-shaking gesture of objection to 'The Man'.

HadynI - what's the new ITIL Master course? I have the Manager and Expert qualification (and I'm aware that outside of the UK some geographies referred to Managers as Masters) but wasn't aware that there was another step (in between Expert and Service Management Demi-God).
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I laways knew that americans can not do irony, sarcasm or be witty; buut I figured after 10 years int he UK, some of it would have rubbed off on me

BorisBear: yea, I forgot about my stand against the 'Man' regarding v3
The same is for PrISM - which is creeping over here.

HaydnI: You have failed to comprehend my post at all

I love what I do. I do what I know and I go to the appropriate site for job hunting, knowledge sharign etc. I try not to confuse the two

That said: Weee!

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
I laways knew that americans can not do irony, sarcasm or be witty; buut I figured after 10 years int he UK, some of it would have rubbed off on me

BorisBear: yea, I forgot about my stand against the 'Man' regarding v3
The same is for PrISM - which is creeping over here.

HaydnI: You have failed to comprehend my post at all

I love what I do. I do what I know and I go to the appropriate site for job hunting, knowledge sharign etc. I try not to confuse the two

That said: Weee!

UKViking Rocks
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BorisBear

So you get the post.... huh ?

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
BorisBear

So you get the post.... huh ?

Yeah.......I like your enthusiasm and your clever spelling of consultant
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG

You mean I misspell consultant !!! I thought that was the correct spelling... at least on my part

Must have been a freudian slip, bra and knickers

HadynI: I must confess I can not reach the same level as you have

I dont have 19 patents
It makes my life easied than yours what with having to fill out tax form 1099 or such like for all 19 patents for the royalties

I am so glad that the course work you teach is accredited and that you too are accredited to teach the course to the students. It shines well on the university - well any unversity - that hire and retain instructors who can tell their accredited course work.

Finally, you do realize that this site is not a employment seeing site but a site where posts are about the actual implementation of ITIL best (better practice)

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
OMG

You mean I misspell consultant !!! I thought that was the correct spelling... at least on my part

Must have been a freudian slip, bra and knickers

HadynI: I must confess I can not reach the same level as you have

I dont have 19 patents
It makes my life easied than yours what with having to fill out tax form 1099 or such like for all 19 patents for the royalties

I am so glad that the course work you teach is accredited and that you too are accredited to teach the course to the students. It shines well on the university - well any unversity - that hire and retain instructors who can tell their accredited course work.

Finally, you do realize that this site is not a employment seeing site but a site where posts are about the actual implementation of ITIL best (better practice)

This is the Job forum....you're having a mare here Shocked
HadynI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

Sorry guys, maybe I took the name of the forum too literally or perhaps it should be changed to reflect what it really is?
It is interesting that I have not seen anything that can be classified as even fairly serious on here.
My error! Confused
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaydnI

Serious things here ! ? !

Of course we discuss serious things about ITIL

There is the never ending thread on whether a reboot is a change or not
There is the continuing serialization of the 6th Book of ITIL v3 with all of its new chapters and sections

The jobs forum - which while does exist is not really used by any recruiting firms or companies that I know of

The Jobs forum is there to separate employment related question in the IT SM and ITIL related fields

Some people post questions about whether they can get a job in IT / ITIL area work, whethet it is worth it etc

Look at the other more focused forums.

I am quite infamous for returning crude mean spirited smack downs when we get idiot or stupid question posts - as some of the more civilized posters can attested,

I tried to be nice when i respond to Stupid question posts in my responses; however, this caused mass confusion as to who had hijacked my account as the posts were not my usual smack down

Now I try something a bit differently - sarcasm, irony and wit and it fails miserably or did not get the reaction I had hoped.

Life is too short to be too serious.

In regards to getting work, this forum may not be the best place to search for roles. Monster, jobserve, jobsite etc - are the better places for that.

Work experience always trumps education.
So a lot of education / teaching w/o real world experience

Your post boils down to this

You teach.
You teach IT related stuff - PMP, PRINCE2, ITIL
You have been doing it for a while
You want a change

You need to find roles in Texas that would use your skill set and send CVs to the companys - not as a blanket spam like flood of CVs but for each role tailor your CV

Now back to serious things - like the Premiership and the wedding

BorisBear
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking For An Active Position Reply with quote

HadynI wrote:
Sorry guys, maybe I took the name of the forum too literally or perhaps it should be changed to reflect what it really is?
It is interesting that I have not seen anything that can be classified as even fairly serious on here.
My error! Confused

No, you were correct, it can be used as a place to find jobs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: