Joined: Mar 10, 2008 Posts: 403 Location: Sunderland
Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:16 pm Post subject: BIA Questionnaire
So, I'm helping out our Change Manager here and I could use some help dusting off a few of my Change Management cobwebs.
We're running in a SAP environment where we have a daily CAB to pick up application layer changes but we also have urgent changes going through outside of the CAB process because they're deemed to be important changes with timescales that the CAB doesn't cater for - approval is all carried out via workflows and email conversations (i.e. no emergency CABs). This is a historical business led process that we as the new incumbent vendor are transforming gradually with sensitivity towards the business needs and feelings.
So, we want to keep this process in place for urgent changes at least for the minute but we want to make sure that they are fully justified in not going through the CAB. To that end I'm pulling together a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) sheet/questionnaire and I could use some suggestions as to the questions we need to ask in there.......so far I have:
* Which business areas are impacted by this change?
* Which business processes are impacted by this change?
* Which geographies/regions are impacted by this change?
* What is the time criticality of this change?
* What is the impact of not implementing this change within the specified timescales?
* What risk does this represent to the business (e.g. financial, reputation, customer)?
* Is there a manual workaround in place currently?
Are there any other questions I should be putting in there?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum