Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DGoad
New Today: 58
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 148180

People Online:
Visitors: 55
Members: 0
Total: 55

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - CHANGE ADVISORY BOARD - HOW TO MINUTE THE MEETINGS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHANGE ADVISORY BOARD - HOW TO MINUTE THE MEETINGS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamiltr
Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: CHANGE ADVISORY BOARD - HOW TO MINUTE THE MEETINGS Reply with quote

Hello
does anyone have any guideline in terms of the format of the minutes of CAB should look like?
Say 10 changes have been reviewed, should details in basic text be written up for each change or should an export (eg PDF/Excel) from each change record be compiled?
I don't want to spend hours on admin work writing up reams of change detail but there again if the information is available from the change record itself could I not just refer everyone to the 10 change records in our service management tool?
Any advice would be most welcome
thanks
Robin
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin

IT DEPENDS.

I know it is a trite phrase but it works here

What I did was as follows

I prepare a spreadsheet with the list of changes and have key data baout them - that I want to track.

Then I add a couple of columns - approval, additional actions, conditions

Then I write in the spreadsheet the updates.

I dont takestengographer style notes, but topics or issues stated

Is change approved, Y/N
When to deploy - date / time
who - team named
any conditions - test results, business comms, business sing off
comments / additioanl actions

are the only notes taken,

that, list of participants, and then I update after the mtg all of the records and prepare my minutes report

that's about it

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
aballester

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with the short and sweet approach to minutes. Recently our organization streamlined multiple practices and reports into a consolidated format. Previous formats were quite verbose (40, 60, 80 page reports were not uncommon) to a single page or 2 at the most so that now most participants and executives can actually review and understand the information in the minutes. The key is to report on what you really need to report on (without all of the extra crap) and keeping the report as simple and readable as possible so that end users will actually WANT to read your report.
javascript:emoticon('Very Happy')

Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Change Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: