Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: BFulmer
New Today: 76
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 139889

People Online:
Visitors: 60
Members: 3
Total: 63 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Is the ACC seperate from CMDB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the ACC seperate from CMDB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunaish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Is the ACC seperate from CMDB Reply with quote

We have so many applications and systems , these systems are periodically updated through a Systimatic application change control process
My inquiry is when I come to build a CMDB should I replace the above system with onother incuded module in the new CMDB ?

Put in the consideration that the mentioned system is Precious and contains a huge historical database
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunaish

Thanks for the second humorous question

As you are certified as both an ITIL Expert and as an Accredited ITIL Trainer, you should already know the answer and i dont see a point in asking this question.

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Hunaish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKVIKING wrote:
Hunaish

Thanks for the second humorous question

As you are certified as both an ITIL Expert and as an Accredited ITIL Trainer, you should already know the answer and i dont see a point in asking this question.

Would you please differentiate between the certification and Experience , We all know that you are a very experienced people that should push you to provide the others with your valuable Ideas respectly and honestly not Just to show your abilities in Joking ...
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunaish

I am highlughting the fact that you - an ITIL Expert (certified) and Certified trainer ask - basically - dumb quesitons and not some who has reached the loftiest height of certification for ITIL and is a ITIL certification trainer.

The first one about the ITIL Toolkit. The ITIL Toolkit is a commercial product. It is not owned by this forum nor does any one here support it. By clicking on the URL for it, you can find out what it does and does not do. It is a tool to help implement IT Service Management using ITIL. It is not official course material for training (big giggle on that); however information in the tool could probably help some one improve their knowledge. A little effort on your part would have found that.

As for this topic and question, you are mixing tool and process

If you have a system application change process and you have a tool to implement and manage it, why re-invent the wheel. If you are moving to a new tool set - with a fancy CMDB, the first conc=ern would be whether the tool fits your processes - incident, problem, release, change and configr - and if not can be adjusted to fit your processes.

Tool data is tool data. Most applications have a way to export and import data. So if you use a older tool and replace it with a new tool, then you can import things - if necessary

As for the data in the tool and whether to import historical data, the trite phrase - it depends - comes to mind. If the data may have usage in the new tool or in the existing processes - then take the data, otherwise leave it

As for me, yes, I am knowledgeable and yes I have experience. I however dont have tact or politeness built in.

Finally, when you come in with the taglune - ITIL Expert and ITIL trainer, you arrive with - for better or worse - a pre defined level of experience and knowledge that we would expect you to have

Obviously, you have done all the course work for ITIL v3 and the exams in order to get your ITIL Expert as well as get the score high enough to meet the requirements for a trainer. But, that answers only have the presumption in here - experience is the other.

That said, the answer to your question is IT Depends.

The name of the tool is immaterial. If the underlying process does not change, .....

Hunaish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the information about the both topics , One reason that cause the issue is that My native language is not the English and I am not fluent in it which creates a difficulty for me to submit my topic reasonably
Second thing I am ready to spend the rest of My life just to learn and learn and I did not say that I am an ITIL consultant, I got My certificates almost 3 months ago now I am trying to implement and invest what I learned, believe me your mission( As an ITIL master) is to let the peoples love ITIL not to through them away and consider that not all of them are implementers or consultants .
I do not feel shame or get impressed when I ask basic questions , I start know about ITIL just 10 months ago but my Aim is to be a Master like you, that will come by guiding , helping and cooperation .

Thanks a lot even for your Jock on me
I am pleased to recognize you

Whatever when ever where ever Just I want to learn
Hunaish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry , I mean throw instead of through
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunaish

I would recommend you remove ITIL Expert from your tag line
But that is my opinion.

You are correct in that coming to the forum, you would expect the more senior types to 'educate' you; and to be honest, I will give you my opinion about almost anything - some times even contradictory ones.

however, i am quite the grumpy sort and I sometimes bark and snarl at people when i see something they did and see it as well in my not so humble opinion - wrong, stupid, etc.

It is just the way i am.

You need to look at ITIL as guidelines. Nothing in ITIL is absolute. what works in one org may not work in the other - but the defined processes will always be there - just the how they are implemented may be different

Re-look at your books - both training and the core books.

ITIL guidance / core concept

Change mgmt needs to be applied to all CIs in the CMDB
Change mgmt may be applied to areas outside of the CMDB if it is warrented - applications or service not in CMDB - if it helps control the service.

A tool is the how a process is implemented.

If the existing change process works, leave it alone. If adding it to the cmdb can help the process be more effective do so. however, if the cost in time and manpower is prohibitive - dont

You use ITIL, CoBIT, ToGAF, CMMi, etc to help guie de your own IT SM processes.

Stay and thumb through some of the other posts

Hunaish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When delivering the IT service to the customer , does he have the opportunity to determine if it should be ITIL based .
In which cases this should be an Internal decision and in which cases the customer can share the opinion with the service provider to do that based On ITIL .

If Mr. John will answer me , please do not use the (Shock and Oh) Shocked
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunaish,

1st Once you get snarlled at by me and you stay - I dont snarl that much at you

2nd I like the new tagline better

3 now for your question

Forget ITIL.

You are using IT Service Management to deliver a service.
You can say the services are identifed and the processes are based on the ITIL guidelines which to the customer would mean that both you as the provider and he as the consumer of the IT services that are being delivered are using the same reference document. But dont say, I am implementing ITIL.

It is like saying I am implementing the dictionary when I write this book.

ITIL is a set of guidelines on how to implement IT Service Management
ISO 20000 is a standard that defines what has to be met in order to meet the standards for IT SM.

My advice is state that your IT SM processes use ITIL BP as a guideline for the services provided. Make sure that they do.

Additional advice - get info / knowledgeableabout what ISo 20000 requires in a process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Configuration Management All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: