Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ZCardillo
New Today: 14
New Yesterday: 67
Overall: 148315

People Online:
Visitors: 65
Members: 2
Total: 67 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Exin vs. ISEB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exin vs. ISEB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Exin vs. ISEB Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to have found this forum. I've been a helpdesk technician for a while now and I have heared of ITIL almost a year ago when we were re-engineering our helpdesk processes, but we've been using Remedy (which is said to be built on ITIL guidelines) for 4 years now.

Anyhow my question is for those who've done their exams; What is the difference between Exin and ISEB in terms of Foundations exam? I checked and found ISEB fee to be 20 pounds higher than Exin, does that mean anything? Does either of the bodies have any advantages over the other?

Also, can anyone recomment any Web based training company?

Thank you
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure there is much difference between the two at the Foundations level. Perhaps some linguistic or semantic differences because of the locations of the two boards (Britain and the Netherlands).

At the Master's level there is more of a difference. If I remember correctly, ISEB focuses on "braindumping"-unloading vast amounts of knowledge about ITIL/ITSM. EXIN focuses on the management/organizational change aspects of implementation-convincing management to use best practices.

Hope this helps!

Michael
abdi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot mcardinal

I was only concerned about the Foundation level, and since they don't differ significatnly then I think I won't have to worry about it.

Thanks again.
R Kavanagh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: ISEB Certification Reply with quote

Dear All,

I can confirm that both ISEB and EXIN are accredited as Examination Institutes by the Office of Government and Commerce (OGC) and meet regularly to ensure that the ITIL Foundation qualfications are broadly in line with each other. There is one minor difference between the syllabus where EXIN cover Infomration Security within the examination and ISEB do not. Both Certifications are recognised as being equal within the ITIL arena. We note the comments about the differneces in the examination prices and this is currently being reviewed by ISEB. There are a number of ISEB accredited Training Providers who offer distance learning packages and their contact details can be downloaded from the ISEB website iseb.org.uk - click on qualifcation areas and then IT Service Management for full details about IT Service Management. ISEB examinations are renowned worldwide for their quality and our Training Providers have demonstrated this with consistently high pass rates for all Service Management qualfications. Please do not hesitate to contact us at ISEB for further information at isebenq@hq.bcs.org.uk.

Kind regards,
Rachael Kavanagh
ISEB Accreditation Manager
mamfa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: ISEB v EXIN Reply with quote

As far as I know, ISEB foundation is a better exam to hold - especially for English speakers as the translation from Dutch to English for the Exin exam is pretty poor
eng

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I've just passed the EXIN ITIL version by using the cram guide and the sample exam available from the EXIN Site. There appears to be no online web based site to do this exam. I can't see why not. BUT Maybe it would reduce the cost/mystic. Both versions have the same status according to BCS OGC etc. I have seen the ISEB versions which my associates are being put through and the CMA's have a significantly different marking scheme. In my PROFESSIONAL opinion then exin course is harder to pass but then I am not without bias? It definitely cheaper . Rgds eddie george
Roger
Itiler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eng... there are accredited ITIL Foundation programs that are available online.. eg itil-itsm-world.com/itil-training.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: