Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DHendon
New Today: 151
New Yesterday: 171
Overall: 131220

People Online:
Visitors: 64
Members: 4
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Expert study requirement
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Expert study requirement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
motunfolahan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: ITIL Expert study requirement Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I completed my foundation exam not so long ago and intend to start preparation for the intermediate stage right away. But due to the nature of my job, i can get time to go for classes therefore i plan to use online training. When I contacted the training vendor, he sent me the price but include in it that I should try to get prepared with the OGC books before starting the online class.

My question is, what are the compulsory or relevant materials {books/videos} that i need to get? and is it true that i must or need this much of reading to get the intermediate level info as I used to believe the trainer ought to give me everything that I need.

Please help!!!
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to be familiar with the relevant book. It MAY be possible to pass without that, but you would not really understand the topic
ReleaseLeeds

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that if you are able to attend the formal intermediate courses then reading the main books beforehand is more of a bonus rather than an essential, particularly if you are lucky enough to attend the courses in a short period of time as there is considerable overlap in the material covered certainly. (for the intermediate lifecycle courses anyway)

So I would say if you've got the funds and the time to read the large books beforehand before a formal course go for it, but I wouldn't worry too much if not. Worst case scenario I worked on was that the cost of retaking just the exam wasn't much anyway with my course provider Wink
LizGallacher
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your aim - is it to understand Service Transition etc.? To be able to implement it, or identify why it is failing in your organisation and improve it? Or do you just want a badge and an updated CV.
There is a requirement that you have taken an accredited course (classroom or e-learning) in order to sit the exam.
With a multiple choice exam you can pass knowing very little. Is that your aim?
The Expert label might get you a job - understanding what ITIL actually says and how to pragmatically implement its advice will help you keep it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: