Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ETse
New Today: 38
New Yesterday: 54
Overall: 145960

People Online:
Visitors: 56
Members: 1
Total: 57 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - KEDB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEDB
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riva,

I am a tactless sort of person. I am also someone who has years of experience in IT.

I feel for you - regardless of whether you are an intern or a Full time employee.

Your manager / or the individual who has asked you to accomplish this task is at fault - not you. He or she has asked you to build the equivilent of a multi-story building with elevators in accordance with the relevant safety codes associated with the building. You can understand building a chair or table out of wood.

A KEDB is not something that can created from scratch. There are an incalcuable number of variables that have to be determined - some of which have to be decided before hand.. some while in progress.

The reason I posted what I posted is that while you have come here for answers, none of the answers that any one of us will give will actually help you in developing a workable KEDB.

Even I wih my vast years of experience have issues with developing a workable KEDB for use in my environment.

If I with 36 years in IT, 10+ in IT Service Management would find this difficult ... how do you think you would find the task ?

In addition, this is a discussion site... this is not a consulting site. Any one of us can post what we want about any subject - regardless of the level of knowledge about that subject - and we are no held liable - neither legally, professional or ethically. We offer you our opinion on what you should / could may do. However, it is your responsibility as to what you decide to do and any impact thereof - positive or otherwise - solely rests with you.

Howeve, if you pay for my expertise or someone else's in this forum, then there is a different level of expectation on your part and responibility on our part = both professionally and legally

I am NOT condemning you nor should it seem that way. I am however condemning your management for asking beyond the impossible from someone

I personally can use a hammer, nails and wood. I can attach two pieces of wood together using the said tools; however, I dont have the skills to build a table, chair or anything beyond two pieces of wood together.

Any management type who assigns me to build a house and expects it to be built by myself - directly or indirectly - is an incompentent ass who has no business doing such a thing.

I do however wish you luck finding out how difficult a KEDB is and its purpose in a IT Service Management environment

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: