Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:34 am Post subject: Seeking an IT Service Desk Manager
Hennepin County in Minneapolis, MN is seeking an IT Service Desk Manager.
Salary: $69,503 - $111,384 Annually
Closing Date: 02/23/12 5:00 PM Central Time
Job Type: Full-time, Benefit-earning
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota
The Information Technology (IT) Department is composed of a diverse set of areas which are joined by a common theme of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of County operations. The IT Department focuses its efforts on four perspectives: our Customers, our Financial Responsibilities, our Internal Processes and our Learning and Growth Opportunities.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Establish and administer all facets of the IT Service Desk process to meet business requirements, Operational Level Agreements, and Service Level Agreements at an enterprise level.
• Implement methodologies to improve first call resolution, manage customer perceptions, and build strong internal relationships.
• Develop and communicate regular reporting based on industry metrics surrounding the services surrounding incident and request management.
• Direct activities related to configuration, implementation and maintenance of software related to IT service desk, incident, inventory and change management.
• Participate in the compilation and submission of the service delivery annual budgets.
• Contribute to continual process improvement activities by identifying training opportunities for staff, improvement opportunities with the process and modifications for the tools used.
• Manage employees within the work units that support efforts associated with this position.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
• A bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, MIS, or a related degree plus five years of professional level experience as an IT specialist (MIS/programmer) within the last seven years. Two years of IT supervisory experience. – OR - a two year college/vocational technical degree or programming certificate plus seven years of professional level experience as an IT specialist (MIS/programmer) within the last nine years. Two years of IT supervisory experience.
• Five years of experience in an IT service desk role, including supervisory experience managing the services, metrics, and overall performance of IT request and incident problem analysis resolution, escalation and follow-up.
• Previous experience with staff management including coaching and mentoring.
• Proven leadership, communication and organizational skills to lead people in both technical and customer-related fields and execute work activities that meet performance standards.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical and decision making skills.
• Certification in ITIL.
For more information and to apply, visit our website at [No Links Please] To be considered for this position you must complete a Hennepin County application. Hennepin County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum