Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: WMauer
New Today: 46
New Yesterday: 44
Overall: 146556

People Online:
Visitors: 29
Members: 0
Total: 29

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Continual Service Improvement
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Continual Service Improvement

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elbow
Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Continual Service Improvement Reply with quote

hi guys

Im in a PM role at present but looking to get a better undestanding of service improvement and thought the CSi module would be suitable. however, i only have the foundation v3 and prince2 foundation but i have heard u need a very good knowledge of other modules in order to complete this. Would there not be enoughginfo in the module notes themselves to pass this module without knowing in depth, the other disciplines?
any advice would be very much appreciated.
ClaireAgutter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi elbow

If you're looking to take the CSI Lifecycle module then your V3 Foundation will be sufficient preparation. Each Lifecycle course is standalone and you don't need to have completed all the other courses to sit them.

You can download a copy of the CSI syllabus here:
[Admin: no links please]

This will help you decide if the course is what you need. You can then take a classroom or elearning course which will be tailored to the syllabus.

Kind regards

Claire
elbow
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Claire, that's reassurring as i see the pass rates are quite low for this module and i wondered why.
ClaireAgutter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link in my post was to the ITIL Official Site btw, didn't realise there were no links here.

The CSI pass rate has been lower than some of the other Lifecycle exams. Feedback from our delegates is that it's more business focused and high level than the other exams like Design, Transition etc which are targeted more to the individual processes.

I think delegate's experience can trip them up because they look at what's been done in their own organisations in the past and maybe don't get all the ITIL 'clues' (not rushing into tactical solutions, getting business agreement etc)

But there are 2 reasons to take any training course - one is to the pass the exam and the other is to actually learn something Wink
elbow
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Claire, useful input. I'm still learning alot and only really know the ITIL way so am open to it's teachings perhaps more than most. I think its a great module to take on and i will enrol next week to begin reading.
ClaireAgutter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the training and the exam Smile
elbow
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks claire, i may well need it! Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Training & ITSM Conferences All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: