Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: ENIChelsey
New Today: 22
New Yesterday: 52
Overall: 162587

People Online:
Visitors: 74
Members: 4
Total: 78 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Service Request
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Service Request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iori

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: ITIL Service Request Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am new in ITIL and I would like a clarification about ITIL procedure of handling service requests. As I understood in ITILV3,Service Requests are frequently occuring, low risk and low cost. I am not sure I understand these concepts of small changes. What do they mean by low cost or frequently occuring?

If someone could point me in the right direction or give me an example would be of great help.

Thank you
iTurley

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Service Requests Reply with quote

I think Service Requests are considered low risk, low cost and frequently occurring because they can be dealt with quickly with low impact. Password resets or new access to services can be considered service requests.

If a customer's account is locked because they improperly typed in their password too many times - this is a service request. The service (perhaps, Active Directory) is up - only this user is unable to access it. If the customer was getting an error about the server not being accessible this would be an incident.

If a customer needs access to a system they have not previously had access to (perhaps a new email needs to be set up for a new employee), this would become a service request.
Kranti
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Service request need not be always a low time consuming activity .For Example need the data extract for last ten years or twenty years . This is high time consuming .

The contract negotiation plays the most important role in this case .

Project Manager - SAP

ITIL® Expert
Prince2®
CSM® CSPO® CSP®
PMI® SAP®
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ®
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> The ITIL Service Desk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: