Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:16 pm Post subject: Requirement for a Remedy Senior Application Developer
We have an urgent requirement with our Client at Bangalore, India on permanent hiring. The job description is given below. Please send across your updated profile to email@example.com immediately if you are interested.
Remedy Senior Application Developer Skill-Set:
· ARS – Action Request System Version 6.3
· ITSM Application Suite - Version 6.0 of Help Desk, Change Management, Asset Management and SLA applications
· CMDB – Change Management Configuration Database Version 1 or greater
· Shared ITSM Application Suite forms/workflow - forms & workflow to be used across all Remedy applications)
Remedy Technical Skills:
· Knowledge and experience with BMC/Remedy Action Request System (ARS) version 6.3
· Knowledge and experience configuring BMC/Remedy applications via the Configuration Manager (preferably Version 6.0)
· Knowledge and experience using and basic customizing of the BMC/Remedy ITSM Application Suite Knowledge & experience with CMDB versions 1.0 or greater (using and extending CMDB)
· Knowledge of ARS Licensing, AR System access control as it relates to the Remedy ITSM Suite
· Knowledge & experience using the following ARS customization techniques (ie. Tailoring level customizations) in a global Remedy enterprise implementation:
o Modifying shared ITSM Application Suite forms/workflow
o Creating custom home pages for a deployable application
o Creating View and Vendor forms
o Creating relationships between forms & records
o Creating server-side tables
o Creating active links & filters guides
o Creating new form forms & fields and modifying attributes of exiting form & form fields
o Identifying and using ITSM Application Suite Report forms to create a reporting interface on the web
o Ability to use SQL
o Designing and implementing data-driven escalations, time-based escalation policies, automatic assignment workflow, and AR System filters that enforce business rules
o Implementing methods for linking requests and maintaining data integrity
o Designing & coding complex workflow features to bypass apparent limitations of the AR System feature set
o Utilization of all server objects types & extension of Server Objects
o Executing Import and Export functionality for AR System server objects and data
o Building advanced features and workflow for table fields; create guides that perform table loops
o Applying custom Cascading Style Sheets to a web application
o Creating a filter guides
General Remedy Implementation Skills:
· Ability to design data-driven or dynamic approaches to workflow to minimize upgrade impact of ITSM Application Suite
· Understanding of the Mid Tier architecture used to deliver AR System applications to the web
· Ability to create standard and Web-Alternate views to create a custom web interface
· Ability to monitor server statistics & basic ARS Development troubleshooting of ARS code
· Ability to Understand the uses of the Email Engine and Alert System
· Ability Import data into the Remedy application
· Ability to Import/export ARS forms & fields
· Experience in following an establish naming conventions and standards
· Experience in implementing customizations consistent with Remedy best practices
Ability to Troubleshoot ARS code using inherent tools such as logging and the Search Database
Joined: Mar 12, 2005 Posts: 255 Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:06 pm Post subject:
Not applying for the Job, but I have worked in development on Remedy technology and I think you should clarify the 'duties' involved in this position.
While you can expect experienced Remedy developers to match up to the list of skills in most cases (you can't really work with the application without building most of those skills), I really hope you have a team of people with those skills in mind. No one could cope with the workload if that list implies the duties of a single position.
Either that or you have unusually long lead times for the development cycle.
Remedy does have excellent support for Rapid Development, but there are limits !!!
You want it Good, Fast, Cheap? You can have any two.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum