Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DGoad
New Today: 58
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 148180

People Online:
Visitors: 58
Members: 0
Total: 58

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ® ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Passing ITIL Intermediate Exams..Revealed!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Passing ITIL Intermediate Exams..Revealed!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITIL_guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Passing ITIL Intermediate Exams..Revealed! Reply with quote

Hi everyone, this is my 1st post, I figured it should be a useful one. This is a cut/paste from my blog on how to pass the intermediate level exams.

I hope this helps.

" Recently I took and passed an ITIL Intermediate level exam (CSI), let me say that this was not an easy task as I invested at least 1 month of going over the subject matter to have full knowledge of it.

I learned a very important lesson when preparing for this exam and the rest of the upcoming exams as I reach for my MALC next year that I would like to share.
What you must remember above all is that these exams are not about knowledge and comprehension, they are about analysis and application (Bloom's Taxonomy).

There are 4 keys aspects to keep in mind during the exam preparation and when sitting for an Intermediate level exam.

1. - Read the question, then read it again!When looking at your sample scenarios (provided for you when you are taking your intermediate level courses), you will need to read the questions first! and then read the question again. I repeat the question, not the scenario associated with the question. What this does is it takes your newly acquired knowledge and giving it a bit of reference as to what your mind should be looking for. For example, "which of the following approaches BEST assists in resolving the issues in the scenario". You now have in your mind what you should be looking for to "resolve" the issue within the scenario, once you have that, then you can go look at the scenario and you have context.

2. - Look for factual ITIL information about the question, All the answers have relevant factual data about ITIL, but all that data may not be relevant to the particular scenario, for example, if the question is related to service desk KPI's, don't get drawn into a factually correct statement about Problem Management.

3. - Have a technique to approaching the exam. I used a technique which takes into account each statement within each answer and then I assign a numeric value to it. Let's say that we have a statement that contributes to the "resolution" of the "issue" within the scenario, if this is the case, I assign a 1, if it does not, I assign a -1, if I am not sure about it, I assign it a 0. At the end of the this exercise I would add (or subtract) and the greatest value would be my answer.

4. - Reach out to the ITIL mentoring community as I did, you will be pleasantly surprised the amount of knowledge you can gain with feedback from subject matter experts.

Good luck:)"
charu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ITIL _guru, can you please answer me?
I have passed my ITIL v3 foundation exam yesterday. When Im thinking about the next level,ther eis a doubt came up in my mind.

Intermediate level have 2 sections as Service Level (5 modules)and service capability(4 sections). Is it necessary to take each module from the each sections in order to pass the intermediate level OR any module out of 9 modules will help to pass the intermediate level.? What is the criteria in order to pass the level?
Can anyone one please answer me?
atlex123

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: ITIL Intermediate Reply with quote

Hi Charu,

There are two streams for ITIL Intermediate Exam,

1) ITIL Intermediate level Life Cycle Module (5 exams :- 3 credits points each)
a)Service Strategy [SS]
b)Service Design [SD]
c)Service Transition [ST]
d)Service Operation [SO]
e)Continual service Improvement [CSI]

2) ITIL Intermediate level Service Capability Module :- (4 exams:- 4 Credit Points each)

a)Service Offerings and Agreements [SOA]
b)Release, Control and Validation[]RCV]
c)Operational Support and Analysis[OSA]
d)Planning, Protection and Optimization [PPO]

you can choose any one module, Your foundation exam will give you 2 points. To appear for MALC[ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle Exam - 5 credit points]
one needs to score total 17 Points.

To become ITIL Expert we need total 22 credit points.

so ITIL Foundation+all life cycle modules+MALC(2+15+5) =22 points=ITIL Expert
or
ITIL Foundation+all Capability modules+MALC(2+16+5) =23 points=ITIL Expert
or
you can also combine from both modules(some from life cycle and some from Capability ), but those modules should not overlap.

Prerequisite
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Completion of an Accredited course from an ITIL Accredited Training Provider

Exam format:

These exams are totally different from foundation exam, They are really tough.
There will be Eight (Cool multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient-scored questions for each exam.Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one which is worth 5
marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter with zero marks.Total time for exam 90 minutes

Passing Score 28/40

I hope this will help. let me know if you need further information.

Thanks,
atlex
AC_2013

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: ITIL Intermediate Reply with quote

Hi atlex123,

I have completed my Foundation exam last year and now willing to start the Intermediate exam. My query is, to complete ITIL Intermediate certification, do we need to pass all the modules or any one of the modules, for eg. CSI or SOA.

As per your post, 22/23 Credit points are required to become ITIL Expert.

Thanks,
AC
atlex123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intermediate level exam are separate modules. you can give any exam from any module. each exam/module is Intermediate level exam. we dont need to give all modules. They are individual. so you can give exam like
ITIL Intermediate level service operation
or
ITIL Intermediate level service strategy etc.
Smithsen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: How to Decide whether ITIL LifeCycle or ITIL Capability Reply with quote

Hi Team,

I am new to Forum. I have complete ITIL V3 Foundation. Interested in taking ITIL Intermediate certifications. Can you please guide how to decide whether to go for ITIL Lifecycle or ITIL Capability modules?

Thank you.

Regards
Smith
Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Passing ITIL intermediate exams Reply with quote

Hi,
This was a useful post. Where can I find sample papers or can you pen an example of the sort of question that could appear in the Service Operation exam?

It would be useful to place the image in my mind so I can consider it further.

Thanks

Adam
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seeker,

you have to take the course before you take the exam

the ato willhave sample exams

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
tosine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all,

This is my first time here on this forum, i am very sad because i wrote my ITIL OSA exam yesterday and i scored 27/40 just one mark to passed.

What make me sad is i know this course and i do them mostly at work but i just dont know how i made mistake.

Please i want to ask from those of us that have re-take the exam, is the scenario the same thing from the one you first did or is different? your response will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
tosine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passed!Passed!!Passed!! Very Happy I scored 95% in my ITIL OSA exam. Now i am certified.
Jyot

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: ITIL Reply with quote

Hello All,

Iam new to this post. Can you plase confirm from where we can arrange for the study material for Intermediate level.
thanks
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyot

Your reading comprehension is rather poor.

I answer that in a post on Aug 27, 2013

All ITIL Exams other than Foundation have to be done with the course

There are no legal sample tests outside of the course or in authorised materials about ITIL

Jyot

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: ITIL Reply with quote

Well John, I have already read and understand it properly but just wanted to double sure for this nothing else.

Instead of sending this kind of harsh comments, you simple and polite answer would be appreciated.

Regards
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JYot,

Not only did not you pay attention to the other posts in this thread, you did not look at the other threads talking about the same thing

In addition, you also did not bother to take the time to go a google search for ITIL and get to the official web site which is where the info I and other repeat

ITIL Official information is available quite freely in the net in a quite obvious locale and is found quite easily.

So, you should have gone to the Official Site to get your info and doubly be sure

As for being harsh,

I will cease if you cease being lazy and actually do your own research on Official sites rather than go to user web sites

DaRichMan

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an advise in order for these modules?

- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual service Improvement
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: