Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:49 pm Post subject: Risk and Impact assessment of all change request
I am trying to promote better risk and impact assessment of all change Does anybody have;
1. A clear definition of risk and impact allowing the reader to understand and differentiate between the two terms?
2. Easy to understand examples of above?
3. Any freebie tools, spreadsheets you may have, know of that ask questions of a change initiator that give an automatic risk and impact rating for including in their RFC/CR?
I also wish for If we could hv concrete answer for it.. Its very Subjective for every change to identify Risk, There are various condition depends on Risk can be varies for a change....
However we can en force few question to identify Risk for a change. Like.... U can have there sub question which help you to calculate risk for u...
1. Is there any Business Service down time required as part of the install of this change?
2. Is there any production Infrastructure and/or Application down time required as part of the install of this change?
3. Complexity of the change - How will the change be installed?
4. Testing completed for this Change?
5. Define your Back-out Plan
6. Define your User Verification Test (UVT) Plan
7. Similar change activity has occurred on this service within the last 6 months.
8. Is this change to a system with feeds or connectivity to other systems?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum