Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: pawegrav
New Today: 25
New Yesterday: 172
Overall: 130761

People Online:
Visitors: 72
Members: 4
Total: 76 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - SLA for Blackberry and Exchange services
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLA for Blackberry and Exchange services

View previous topic :: View next topic  
parames

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: SLA for Blackberry and Exchange services Reply with quote

Guys

I am been asked to build a SLA for two services "Blackberry" and "Exchange" that we are providing to our internal users. Has anyone created such SLA?

Thanks

Parames
Wallop

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have lumped Blackberry under our standard SLA for telecom/cell phone services. The primary metric is the length of time it takes between tte initial order and delivery of the device to the end user. I realize the Blackberry is capable of connecting to the email/calendar system but since it relies on an external providor we have yet to come up with a metric that is qunatifiable and actionable on our part.

We use a non-exchange email/calendering sytem and currently only track system availability. However, we are looking at manaqing the cost associated by business group and measuring number of emails, storage space, thorughput, quality of service in addition to the original metric. This is all part of our need to better quantify the costs and build a case for chargeback.
Jeannie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:42 am    Post subject: Digital Fuel has SLA's for "Blackberry" and " Reply with quote

When I worked at GE we used a proudct named ServiceFlow form Digital Fuel that also had "Blackberry" and "Exchange" SLA managment.
OMA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Use existing SLA if any is available Reply with quote

Could you use any existing SLA available at your company ? I am not sure if there will be a huge gap between say your file and print services vs Blackberry / Exchange. In most cases, the main difference depends on the criticality of the service.
nadirk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

May I just point your attention to the following discussion. I believe that it would encourporate all aspects of what you are discussing and there is a forum which deals with email SLA.

http://www.itilcommunity.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=413

Please join in as there is a lot of information floating around.

Regards,

Nadir

Nadir Khan

"In the circus of life, I am the ringmaster..."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: