Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: DLefroy
New Today: 5
New Yesterday: 72
Overall: 139695

People Online:
Visitors: 74
Members: 4
Total: 78 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - NEED HELP CREATE SERVICE CATALOGUE
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEED HELP CREATE SERVICE CATALOGUE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ITMaggie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: NEED HELP CREATE SERVICE CATALOGUE Reply with quote

HI All...

I am new to this ITIL and i am been involving in creating service catalog for my project.

i don't how to start and from where to start,what all need to be considered for creating this service catalog

can anyone explain me and help to create it.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITMaggie

1 - why are you tasked with creating a service catalgoeu if you have no idea what it is ?
2 -why are you doing this if you have no idea what ITIL is or represents

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITMaggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: NEED HELP CREATE SERVICE CATALOGUE Reply with quote

Hi John,

1 - why are you tasked with creating a service catalog if you have no idea what it is ?
I am been given this task as i am certified in ITIL V3 Foundation, and i posted this topic as i don't have real exposure in ITIL.Though i had tried and created service catalog for my project.But i donno whether my work is going to be approved.
2 -why are you doing this if you have no idea what ITIL is or represents
I believed that this forum is for helping others to improve their skills,only with that aspects i posted it.

I hope you understand my situation, kindly help if possible.

yet i need to submit my work and i am working on ITSRM tool for designing flow of tickets and their management.

Thanks in advance.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the ITIL Foundation, then you have an idea of what a Service Catalogue is as it would have been in the study materials

There is no absolute correct way to do a Service Catalogue (SC)

The SC may be different depending on the people who are using it

For example: a business focused SC would have

service name, hours available, point of contact, escalations, ticket classifications

A IT department may take the same SC as above

break each defined service to the business into all of the bundled services - for example

the business sees - email service
The tech people sees

email service
server service
monitoring service
secure account service
network service
file service
print service

etc

It just depends

You match the SC to the audience

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
ITMaggie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thank you for your ideas,my SC work is been advised to restructure with few things and now i am doing it so.

And if have any idea about the TSRM 7.2.1,kindly let me know how to do the below things.

We have tested our TSRM application by adding service Request tickets and followed a process flow then closed some tickets.Now we are going to move this application in live environment,so we need to remove the tickets what all we added for testing.

When we try to remove,it says the ticket could not be deleted as it gets closed and to delete,it should be in the status of NEW or QUEUED.While we try to change the status it says no available options...

Can u help in this...

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: