Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:28 am Post subject: IT Project Manager (Exchange and ITIL/ITSM) San Rafael
Position Title : IT Project Manager (Exchange and ITIL/ITSM)
Location : San Rafael
Position Type : Contract
Company : Branta Group
Contact Marcus Ronaldi [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Relocation : No
Sponsorship : No
Telecommuting :All work must be done on site in San Rafael
3rd Parties : No
Directions to apply :If you are interested in this position send me
1) an updated copy of your resume as an attached file
2) a detailed summary
3) Your availability and salary rate requirement.
IT Technical Project Manager within the IT Operations group coordinates the implementation and/or enhancements of services. Tech PM will meet with internal Customers to provide technical account management, project management, IT best practices/guidelines and hardware/recommendations based on supportable standards. As part of the IT Project Office, the Tech PM will apply a consistent methodology to all new services and changes to maintain system standards, ensure high quality of work and allow IT supportability. Tech PM will either individually manage projects reporting to senior IT management or manage individual components of a larger project reporting to an overall Program Manager. In addition, the Tech PM necessitates active participation with regards to analysis, design, development/configuration, documentation, testing, and implementation of services as deemed necessary. The Tech PM then coordinates with all IT Ops Service providers (i.e. Networking, TeleCom, Active Directory, UNIX, Windows, DBA, etc.) to implement new systems and changes.
* Account Management: To be "Single Point of Contact" (SPOC) to Business/Product groups for IT Services. Routinely meet with internal IT Customers to discuss services/projects/roadmaps. Communicate Customer roadmap back to IT management for Governance and priority setting.
* For new projects and/or changes, gather Business requirements and interface with IT Architecture and Service Providers to determine design and resource requirements. Identify all costs (i.e. including hardware, software, hosting and maintenance) so project TCO can be calculated.
* Balances business requirements with technical feasibility and sets expectations on new projects. Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards. Determines resources and timeline.
* Technical Project Management/Coordination. Manage activities for one or more projects. Set tasks for individual service providers/individual contributors. Track and manage tasks clearly with balanced understanding of the Business criteria and resource constraints.
* Participate in Change Control sessions to discuss impact of managed Projects
* Participate in IT Ops Project Prioritization Meetings to represent managed projects
* Participate in design reviews and provide detailed planning specifications
* Provide System Specifications and Hosting Rates for Requested Services
* Communicate project status and implementation/installation issues to Autodesk management, affiliated organizations, Project/Program Manager and IT associates
* At senior levels; may be responsible for an assigned IT Operations Service (i.e. *Service Manager*). Ensures 24/7 stability of assigned service. Ensures systems are running efficiently for internal customers and external vendors. Responds to incoming issues via tracking systems (Remedy) and proactively monitors system for problems. Trains system users if appropriate.
* At senior levels; may be required to works with IT Engineers and Business Customers to develop a service or enhance existing solution. Gathers information from users and works to understand their needs. Depending on role, writes specifications, submits Project plan and communicates to business stakeholders.
* Degree in Computer Technology, Business or equivalent experience
* 5 years or more working in a technical/consulting environment
* Demonstrated project coordination skills
* Knowledge of IT Operations processes and technology (i.e. Windows, Unix, Storage, DBA, Networking)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Approachable/Personable/Team Player
* Learn quickly!
Desired Knowledge Skills:
* Understanding of ITIL/ITSM concepts
* Working knowledge/background with Web based systems
* Working knowledge of Exchange
* Can document project proposals, system architectures and Network topologies
* Ability to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
* Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple project deadlines and milestones
* Ability to work effectively with a diverse set of clients in an international organization
* Excellent time management and communications skills
* Detail-oriented and thorough
* Self-motivated, willing to work odd hours to complete critical tasks in a timely manner
* PC Literacy using Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum