Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: KTPF
New Today: 23
New Yesterday: 55
Overall: 139836

People Online:
Visitors: 66
Members: 2
Total: 68 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ģ ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL qualified MBA graduate seeks new challenge
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL qualified MBA graduate seeks new challenge

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rehan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: ITIL qualified MBA graduate seeks new challenge Reply with quote

Having achieved both the Service Managerís Certificate in IT Service Management and the Problem Managerís Practitionerís Certificate, I am a 30 year old MBA graduate with a total of nine years experience in the Service Management industry.

I started my career with ICL (Fujitsu) in 1997 at one of their managed sites as a 2nd line helpdesk support technician. I remained with this organisation until 2001 when I decided to join the Service Desk team at Prudential (Pru). It was whilst at the Pru that I started studying for my MBA in Information Management through distance learning and twice yearly workshop at Brunel University. My period as a service desk analyst at the Pru only lasted 6 months as it was here that I got my first taste of incident and problem management. After showing an interest in this area I was initially accepted on to the incident management team for a 6 month secondment which then became permanent. I was coached by people at Pru within the Service Management team to whom I am indebted for their wealth of knowledge and years of experience.

Whilst my time here I managed and took responsibility for many large scale business impacting incident some which also required the invocation of Business Continuity.

In June 2004 I decided to look for a new challenge and was successful in attaining my current role of Problem Manager at Hutchison 3G at their network operations centre in Reading. I thoroughly enjoy this role. Three are utilising and developing innovative new technologies which even our closest competitors have yet to adopt and use as well as we do. My role consists of both problem and incident management and the work is based on a 24x7 shift pattern. In the absence of the Opeations Centre Manager I also have to deputise which means leading and guiding the staff to ensure that the Operations department run as effiicently as possible. Some of my main tasks currently are as follows:

- Complementing the Service Desk Incident/Call management team to aid in the identification of underlying problems.
- Undertaking management of the whole network operations centre including staff, problems and processes when required, especially when duty problem manager on a night shift.
- Investigation into root cause of problems, identifying the relevant groups to involve
- Management of Major Service Outages (MSO) and Major Incidents
- Ownership of Outage SMS Notifications and updates to Senior Management and Directors
- Ensuring post problem activities and actions are owned and completed by the relevant parties
- Ensuring the CTI-s and Cause codes within the ticketing system accurately reflect the problem and resolution
- Ownership, responsibility and upkeep of the -known error- database
- Single point of escalation for the Senior Management team
- Identifying recurring failure trends and ensuring these are controlled.
- Producing and maintaining of Standard Operating Procedures for all of the above

I feel that having completed my qualifications and having achieved a considerable amount of experience I am ready for my next challenge. I believe that I could now make use of my experience and further my career in a management role where I would be able to mentor, guide and inspire a team of people to uitilise the theories taught within ITIL and adapt them in to the organisation. A problem management team leader or service desk team leader would be the ideal role for me at this time. Suitable locations would be in and around London or Dubai.

Finally, I have always been open and honest about my disability. I have deformed hands and wear two below knee artificial legs. This disability has in no way affected by personal or social life. I have no problems with mobility and can drive a car, type at 90 wpm and manage every day things like stairs with no problems at all, it should not be a cause for concern for any potential employer.

If you would like to review my CV or would like to have a conversation then please feel free to e-mail me on rehansiddiqui1@aol.com

Thank you

Rehan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Jobs All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: