Posted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:18 am Post subject: ITIL/ITSM details
I started collecting all ITIL/ITSM goodies off the Internet and putting them in a special library on my server. Among the many first things that atteacted my attention and got them down in the library are the following :-
- Freely available documents/reports in PFD/PPT/DOC formats. I got over 50 of these already and am in the process of studying/analyzing them.
- ITIL/ITSM available posters in JPG/IMG/PDF formats. I got couple only that I also downloaded, but they are ubnreadable in their IMG format. Some are purhasable and others come with subscriptions and/or training enrollments.
- ITIL/ITSM education/certified training; plenty of this and basically following the same format and content. I have couple in case anyone wants to know more.
- ITIL official publications; available on hardcopy (printed) books and/or softcopy CD format. Good stuff but may drain your pocket as an individual with an interest in the topic. Maybe good for clients and consulting firms specializing in ITIL/ITSM.
- ITIL/ITSM architectural topics; bringing other topics on board like BS15000, CoBIT, IT governance, and what have you ... The bigger picture which needs to be clarified and well understood to make practical use of the whole topic.
- ITIL/ITSM questionnaires and surveys in XLS format; plenty of them and free of charge and ready to use.
Having sais all of this, I am personally seeking the missing links between the great concept and the doable implementation. I have been looking for some sort of an "ITIL checklist" that can be used to assess existing in-house ITIL procedures, but did not find such a ready-to-use list. I may eventually go and build my own from all this materials. Doing this, I may also end up reinventing the wheel in a different way.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum