Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: Goxysoabsom
New Today: 5
New Yesterday: 139
Overall: 131694

People Online:
Visitors: 43
Members: 5
Total: 48 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL/ITSM details
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL/ITSM details

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thiabm@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: ITIL/ITSM details Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I started collecting all ITIL/ITSM goodies off the Internet and putting them in a special library on my server. Among the many first things that atteacted my attention and got them down in the library are the following :-

- Freely available documents/reports in PFD/PPT/DOC formats. I got over 50 of these already and am in the process of studying/analyzing them.

- ITIL/ITSM available posters in JPG/IMG/PDF formats. I got couple only that I also downloaded, but they are ubnreadable in their IMG format. Some are purhasable and others come with subscriptions and/or training enrollments.

- ITIL/ITSM education/certified training; plenty of this and basically following the same format and content. I have couple in case anyone wants to know more.

- ITIL official publications; available on hardcopy (printed) books and/or softcopy CD format. Good stuff but may drain your pocket as an individual with an interest in the topic. Maybe good for clients and consulting firms specializing in ITIL/ITSM.

- ITIL/ITSM architectural topics; bringing other topics on board like BS15000, CoBIT, IT governance, and what have you ... The bigger picture which needs to be clarified and well understood to make practical use of the whole topic.

- ITIL/ITSM questionnaires and surveys in XLS format; plenty of them and free of charge and ready to use.

Having sais all of this, I am personally seeking the missing links between the great concept and the doable implementation. I have been looking for some sort of an "ITIL checklist" that can be used to assess existing in-house ITIL procedures, but did not find such a ready-to-use list. I may eventually go and build my own from all this materials. Doing this, I may also end up reinventing the wheel in a different way.
H
Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Actionable Reply with quote

No need to - our company Inventes has already done this in actionable and project management format and will begin offering formal training in January in Austin, Texas. Warm and lots of live music!
H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: