Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· News
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

THE ITIL BOOKS

The five ITIL books can be obtained directly from the publisher's website:
HERE

Or as downloadable PDFs: HERE

Current Membership

Latest: uniwery
New Today: 25
New Yesterday: 68
Overall: 215132

People Online:
Visitors: 91
Members: 3
Total: 94 .

Login
Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Related Resources

Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

Search

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Advertising
Please contact us via the feedback page to discuss advertising rates.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Example Service Transition Documents/Workflows
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Example Service Transition Documents/Workflows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjblackmore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject: Example Service Transition Documents/Workflows Reply with quote

Hi,

I currently run the Service Desk within my organisation, and we keep getting new services thrown into Operations, for us to support, without any kind of service transition - our organisation is only just adopting ITIL, and most other people don't understand the need for service transition.

I've decided to write a generic service transition framework/policy document, that I can give to project managers, service owners, or others within our organisation, so they will start to think about service transition as part of any new/changed service. I'm trying to keep this framework simple & short, at under 15 pages, as anything too long just won't be read or used.

I've been downloading some example documents, and using the TSO key element guide for Service Transition, to start putting this framework together. But I was wondering if anyone had some example service transition documents, that I could compare against? I'm also looking for a service transition workflow that I can use in the document.

I understand such documents are different/custom for each organisation, but it would be useful to at least see some other examples, if anyone has some they could share?

Many thanks

Ben
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJ Blackmore

1 - Do you have a Change Manager, a Release Manager, a Configuraiton Manager ?
If not, recommend that some one does that role
2 - The Service Transtion should be used as a guide

But... the more important guide is the operational pain the Service Desk goes through

Take that set of data and work it backwards.....

example

if the SD does not know what the SLA is on this service.... how and when is the SLA decided and who is involved

You will find that Design & transition come into play

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
bjblackmore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi UK Viking,

Thanks for the reply.

In answer to Q1, no, we don't have anyone currently doing change, release or configuation management. I've suggested we assign these roles, but currently there is no budget for new head count, and everyone else is already wearing 3 hats, and don't have the knoweldge or time to take on such roles.

I've taken on service transition as it's affecting my service desk team. Mainly around knoweldge, and supporting the systems.

For example, our network manager put a new SSID in place in Italy a few months back. Didn't tell service desk. When users couldn't connect to the old SSID they started to call service desk, who had no idea or documentation on how to handle those calls.

Same with operating systems. The infrastructure team start deploying Windows 10 surface tablets. When users have issues, service desk connect, but haven't had any Windows 10 exposure/training yet, because Windows 7 is corp standard.

As the person with most ITIL training (Foundation, Service Ops, CSI), I've putting together a training scedule for everyone else in IT, to get them to up to speed, but I'd like to get a framework out there in the meantime, so people start to think about how services will be support during the design phase, then how to hand those services over to Service Operations & Service Desk!
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have the key guides for all 5 books or even the 5 books.

Use the basics from that to form a ramework for the lifecycle from concept to retirement.

Remember, you are the piggee in the middle. in the process.

For example: a new customer is added

What pain did occur when surprise Monday morning you were told to support Acme Explosives and the SD gets an Irate W Coyote about some purchases

Did the support details come at all ?
Was it detailed ?
Do you know the level of support
Do the techs know what to do if there are certain quirks with the customer ?

These are your pain points

Once identified.. ask yourself - where in the lifecycle I have drawn up would this fit ?
How to go about getting it done.. in that area

RLR

That is the way I do this and I have been doing ITSM for 32 years - minus about 10 years working in bars and restaurants - doing SM instead

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: