Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: PStonehou
New Today: 29
New Yesterday: 87
Overall: 139929

People Online:
Visitors: 53
Members: 2
Total: 55 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - ITIL Mapping to CMMI model
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ITIL Mapping to CMMI model

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quinn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: ITIL Mapping to CMMI model Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any comparisons or mapping of ITIL to either ISO or the CMMI models?
leebc

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Does anyone know of any comparisons or mapping of ITIL to ei Reply with quote

Check out the IT Service CMM document - IT Service CMM Version 0.4 June 24, 2004 - itservicecmm.org.

This document describes the Information Technology Service Capability Maturity Model, or IT Service CMM for short. The IT Service CMM is a capability maturity model that specifies different maturity levels for organizations that provide IT services.
itil_asia
Itiler

Location: South East Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: ITIL/CMMi Reply with quote

I was told that CMMi and IT Service CMM are actually two different things.

Anyone who know the difference ?
mcardinal
Senior Itiler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that Service CMM developed from CMM (which is very development focused). They are roughly equivalent in their purpose and structure. Both focus on moving your organization to higher levels of rigor. Personally I beleive IT Service Management does this better that CMM because it provides a holistic and system view of IT rather than just a process oriented view. CMM seems to forget that process is only one part of the People-Process-Technology trinity that is better reflected by the concept of "IT Service" which incorporates all three aspects.

Hope this helps
Krishnan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ITIL Mapping to CMMI model Reply with quote

ITIL has nearly 14 disciplines whereas CMMi has 25 Process areas. ITIL Processes is specific to BPO activities but still can be embedded within the CMMi PAs.

As far as I know there is no one -to-one mapping document between Cmmi and ITIL Processes. But you may perform a Mapping with CMMi and the ITIL process areas specific to your business to address these operational models.

High Level Example: For Example Incident Management would be a part of Engineering Pas whereas a portion of Problem solving would be a part of Causal analysis and Resolution. (This might vary depending upon your business practices and operating scenarios)
AZWM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Mapping and question about ITIL Reply with quote

I am currently in the process of performing a mapping of ITIL to CMMI for my organization. However, I'm a little confused about something with ITIL. I mapped the ten processes that are covered under Service Support and Service Delivery. I also mapped the Security Management info. However, now I have the Software Asset Management, Application Management, and ICT Infrastructure Management books, and I don't know what to do with them. Are they supposed to be separate processes or are they supposed to be covered under the ten main processes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> Related Topics All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: