Search
Topics
  Create an account Home  ·  Topics  ·  Downloads  ·  Your Account  ·  Submit News  ·  Top 10  
Modules
· Home
· Content
· FAQ
· Feedback
· Forums
· Search
· Statistics
· Surveys
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your_Account

Current Membership

Latest: TFDX
New Today: 9
New Yesterday: 62
Overall: 141984

People Online:
Visitors: 74
Members: 4
Total: 78 .

Languages
Select Interface Language:

Major ITIL Portals
For general information and resources, ITIL and ITSM World is the most well known for both ITIL and ITIL Books. A shorter snapshot approach can be found at ITIL Zone

Related Resources
Service related resources
Service Level Agreement
Outsourcing

Note: ITIL is a registered trademark of OGC. This portal is totally independent and is in no way related to them. See our Feedback Page for more information.

The Itil Community Forum: Forums

ITIL :: View topic - Availability Management Question -
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Availability Management Question -

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKJOHN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Availability Management Question - Reply with quote

In the recent Delivery exam there was question about a security breech in a web based banking application/portal in the case study - the question asked "what would Availability Management do to prevent it happening again". AM is a bit loose on the Security aspect - i think it was for 12 marks - any ideas where those 12 marks could have been picked up - needless to say i bluffed it
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a pretty nasty opening question, it was infact for 8 marks. I based my answer on the Security Technique of CIA. I also mentioned how techniques such as CRAMM can help reduce the security threat. Like yourself, I think I struggled with this question.
UKJOHN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, I agree there are lots of tools and techniques that could have been used from ITIL to investigate why the incident occured - but none that I can think of that STOP it happening again - strange question - perhaps we will never know what they meant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ITIL Forum Index -> ITIL Certification All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: