Service Request and IMAC compliance

Discuss and debate ITIL Change Management issues
thietbivesinhso1

Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi ITILers

I reuest your guidance on complying IMAC as part of Service request when the service request needs to perform standard pre-approved changes to fullfil the service request. The challange I am facing is allignment of IMAC with the service request.
My understanding is as a RFC lifecycle ends with 'status' and prompts Config Mgmt to update CMDB, an IMAC lifecycle should end with updation of Asset Inventory.but how should we comply it with Service request management process.

tedderpd
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:32 am

I would suggest that you define a request model (a set of defined steps) that would be used for these kinds of service requests. Within that model, defined and document the steps needed to ensure compliance with IMAC policies.
tedderpd
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:34 am

I would suggest that you define a request model (a repeatable set of defined steps) that would be used for these kinds of service requests. Within that model, define and document the steps (and potential workflow) required to ensure compliance with IMAC policies. Instantiate that model within your ITSM tool to ensure that anyone working on such a request is managing those requests consistently.