Change Management- Project Activities- How to cap it

Discussion of any ITIL or related issues that don't fit well into any of the above.
ArpitAP

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:18 am

If i have to cap the activities as project with some hrs, lets say more then 10 hrs and if such occurs the suggest route is the change management.
But even if you cap it like this , there is always a debate " If i want to move 40 PC from one floor to another which is actually going to take more then 10 hrs for sure but if the customer ask them to move them in 10 days and then it become a routine activity for the deskside support team to move 4 PC in a day " How should be handle this?

ArpitAP

Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:15 am

Any response?
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Have you tried asking on a project management forum?

That's where you might find project managers interested in talking about project management.

Or are you suggesting that it is not a project but a change?

Well, it was always a change and the way you implement a change is via a project (even if you do not call it that) unless you have a procedure in place to perform the specific activity. Ah! That's your answer: I would handle it by developing a procedure. But I would probably invoke the procedure via a project.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
estaclaut
Itiler
Itiler

Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 pm

CM cares about the implementation of changes into the Production (live) environment, regardless of weather the change is initiated.

If a root cause is found and it required a change to production....follow the CM process.

If a project needs to introduce a new server to production....follow the CM process.

I continually stress the words 'implementation and production' when discussing CM.

Service transition....transition into the production environment with service protection at the forefront.