examiners career

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:32 pm

I was just thinking today.. Since the v3 examination is all multiple choice, then does that mean that the ITIL examiners career has come to an end?

Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
TomOzITIL_2
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Not necessarily, but maybe.

Someone will have to review the ITIL v3 Master assignments/assessments. ie: the thing beyond ITIL v3 Expert which is multiguess.

Maybe the powers that be will come to their senses and make the intermediate exams written - that would be nice.
TomOzITIL_2
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

PS: I am acquainted to someone who is an examiner and it is very much a part-time gig for him.
thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:10 am

well, teaching can be part time as well. Its another source of income, also it was a motivation for people tto get a distinction in their managers exam. Computers are taking over our jobs..

I'm not liking that.. Today we are logged as a Configuration Item in the CMDB.. who knows what can happen tomorrow, we'll be spare parts in the DHS with a virtual machine runing the whole show.. We have to put an end to this, you know what I mean.
Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.