availability plan

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
adalessa

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:12 am

Hi mate
any chance to have your kind support to get a generic TOC for an availability plan document?

Many thanks!
Andrea

Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Introduction
Purpose
Definitions
Customer Requirements
Objectives
Policy
Scope
Ownership/Authority
Audit and Review requirements
Quality Plan
Addenda/Appendices

I'm not sure if the sequence is absolutely correct and in some cases you can cover purpose within introduction.

It may seem facetious, because I think that what you want is largely hidden within "Quality Plan".

However I see no practical way to make that part generic as it has to focus on meeting your objectives and furthering your policy to the extent of your scope, all with a view to fulfilling your customer requirements.

I believe that if you develop those sections you will find that what needs to be included in the detail will emerge from that exercise.

I suspect there will be some further guidance (implicit if not explicit) in the ITIL books.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
TomOzITIL_2
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:41 pm

You could also do worse than get hold of:

COBIT 4.1
ISO20000 (specification and code of practice)

for some additional guidance.

Lastly, you need to get across the ITIL Service Portfolio Management, Service Level Management, Demand/Capacity and Service Continuity Mgt processes (these feed into AvM planning)