Creating Project management Service

General discussion on all aspects of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
Casas

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi every one, we are trying to create a service for the Project Management on IT.
Do you have some experience with that ?

ChangingMan
Itiler
Itiler

Thu May 01, 2014 7:28 am

Your question makes no sense at all.

Project Management is a skill not defined within ITIL (See Agile or Prince2 etc).
Caleb
Itiler
Itiler

Fri May 23, 2014 2:52 am

That is something that takes it all to another level and this is what i have experienced to,Scrum methodologies have a quite different impact and that grows each day in quite a fine way.This is what my personal opinion is with the experience that i have gained.
AmberaConsulting
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 am

Using IBM rational tools (RRC, RTC, RQM) will serve the purpose, you can cover all the process and standard that is needed for project delivery and also integrate it with your ITSM tools for seamless transition.
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Ambera,

You are correct that using certain tools - such as the Rational suite of tools - can assist one in doing Project mgmt tasks & activities in an IT environment,

In fact, ClearQuest can be used for IT Service Management process - Problem management - for customised application development - where the lifecycle of the 'problem' - ie code bug - can be defined in accordance with the way the development team develops - whether Agile or not.

In addition, ClearCase - whether linked to ClearQuest or not - can be used to manage - (source / version control) - the development of the code for the customised application.

As there are other tools - both within the IBM suite and outside - that can assist in Solution design and development
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter