I just wanted to get clarification on when an incident is recovered even though the effects are not fixed.
Here is a scenario:
- Imagine a process line is stamping out customer orders for shoe soles.
- Each sole has an individual sequence number and can't be thrown away.
- An accidental change set the stamping machine's program to stamp out the sole's pattern misaligned.
- 500 soles with misaligned patterns were stamped out before the problem was noticed and the change reverted.
Now regarding incident handling and recovery, the system is back to business as usual when the change was reverted but the 500 faulty soles need fixing for the customers.
1) When the change was reverted, is the incident recovered?
2) If yes, under what ITIL status and process are the 500 faulty soles fixed?
Thanks for your responses.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.