Stale CAB help!!!!

Discuss and debate ITIL Change Management issues
marq1

Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:09 am

My CAB has been running for several years now, when I took over about a year ago, it was very quiet with little interaction from the CAB members (we only review significant and major)

I did some training on the point of CAB, role and responsibilities etc. and asked them to consider if they were the right person from their team to be there.....blah blah...

A year on and I am not sure it has really improved, there is little interaction, lots of blank faces, and mostly relying on me to lead them and make decisions, I am planning to go back over the training and ask them to consider if they are the right person from their team etc.

Does anyone have any idea how I can kick them up the butt and make them engage more and make it a better experience for all - they sap me of my energy by their apathy!!!

Mclaut

Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Invite your Head Of the Dept, or the Director, someone Senior that has a vested interest int he success of the CAB.

Ask them for their support, explain your situation etc..

How successful are your changes also? Because if you're not getting a lot of incidents as a result of change, I'd say it's pretty successful (even if you're doing it on your own)

Or......

Go on holidays for a few weeks and see how they fare when you're not there to hold their hands.