Service Portfolio

Forum to discuss ITIL issues and disciplines covering Service Delivery.
Aysha

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:51 am

Dear,

i am in the process of starting a service portfolio, and i am too confuse on how to do so, i would like to do a project plan first and do a work list first.

any advice

Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:42 am

For what services? For what purpose? For what kind of organization{s}? Answering these questions is the first step towards planning. And also towards seeking advise about planning.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
Aysha

Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:46 pm

the service portfolio is for IT services for a Zoo, both support and application services. we want to start the ITIL framework in our organization and we decided to start with service portfolio first to be published later on our intranet site. i also wonder what would be the next step after doing the service portfolio??!!
appreciate any help.

Diarmid wrote:For what services? For what purpose? For what kind of organization{s}? Answering these questions is the first step towards planning. And also towards seeking advise about planning.
Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:46 pm

There is no correct order for what to do. It depends on where improvements will be felt most an that depends on what your current management system is like. Why do you want to start with service portfolio? There is nothing wrong with that, but is best if there is a practical reason. The use you make of your service portfolio ought to be a guide to what to do next.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718