Incident after delivery a item to Service Catalog

Forum to discuss ITIL issues and disciplines covering Service Delivery.
Peukert

Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello,

I need to confirm with you situation analysis.

Assuming, after delivery a service request this item does't work to my client, and he reopen the ticket Informing the problem with using this. Eg: Delivery VPN to servers pool.

This new thread takes the incident form, and requires the process to be followed for incident management to treat the cause of the error, correct? Even if it is just after delivery and is the first use of that item.

Thanks

Diarmid
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

I don't fully understand what you are saying. But anything that goes wrong in the live environment is an incident. However, resolving an incident does not look to cause beyond what is needed to restore the service. Treating the cause is the province of problem management.

If something goes wrong the first time it is used, you would also want to look for deficiencies in change and release, which may have had inadequate sign off criteria or other controls.
"Method goes far to prevent trouble in business: for it makes the task easy, hinders confusion, saves abundance of time, and instructs those that have business depending, both what to do and what to hope."
William Penn 1644-1718
estaclaut
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:36 pm

If the technology / service item isn't working as per normal, sounds like an incident to me.
Kranti
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi

This depends on how the contract is written .Warranty plays a Major role in defining the Incident in this case .
Kranti Kiran Kumar Gedela

Project Manager - SAP

ITIL® Expert
Prince2®
CSM® CSPO® CSP®
PMI® SAP®
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt ®