Would you like to define information systems solutions for an interesting, high profile project? We currently have a vacancy for an Information Systems Engineer - Combat Systems within the Type 26 programme in Filton.
The Type 26 Global Combat Ship will be a globally deployable multi-mission warship, capable of undertaking a wide range of roles from high intensity conflict to humanitarian assistance. As an Information Systems Engineer - Combat Systems, you will be supporting the Information Systems Manager/technical Authority in the application of Project Engineering Processes such that the project is delivered on time, within cost and to quality. You will provide engineering support for DII, JC2SP, Tactical Data Links and Military Tasking Equipment T26 solutions.
Your role will be varied, challenging and rewarding.
Your main responsibilities as an Information Systems Engineer - Combat Systems:
Supporting the implementation of the change management process and baseline maintenance as authorised by the T26 Information Systems Manager
Providing support to the development of the CS level Cost Account Management (CAM) report
Supporting, maintaining and updating the key project deliverables/milestones in CAM area and ensuring consistency in dates
Assisting in the maintenance of the CSIT&T SDE and workspace areas
Assisting in the maintenance of the CSIT&T folder structure and Windchill areas
Assisting in the development of the engineering strategy and solution for DII Future with the Combat System Infrastructure Team
Supporting the completion of the T26 Information Systems Supply Agreements
Your skills and qualifications:
• Good understanding of virtual architectures is essential
• Knowledge of appropriate engineering development methodologies and strategies is essential, ideally with previous experience on projects as a system engineer in a defence role
• Understanding of capabilities already available within the business and other domains
• Good working knowledge of DOORS, System Architect and SysML – Mood, enterprise architect and structured system design tools
• Good understanding of Information Systems including virtualised architExperiGectures and service provision
• Knowledge of ITIL practices for service provision
What we’re looking for in you:
You will be analytical and thorough with good problem solving and reasoning skills. You will be excellent at communicating and building effective relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Salary: Competitive + benefits
You can APPLY HERE:
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.