Job No.: 10120
Job Title: DevOps Engineer II
Location: Washington, DC Metro
The DevOps Engineer II will coordinate and manage the entrance of new hardware and software into the IT computing environment and define the process for release package assembly, version control, migration control, release preparation and acceptance, communication and installation.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Independently plans and delivers specific functionality within their expertise.
• Presents and or defends the work to the team or other organizations. Has defined specialties in primary areas of responsibility
• Collaborates using open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Develop sound version control best practices based CM systems (Clearcase, SVN, GIT , etc.), including branching and merging strategies
• Perform configuration management for all different applications running on all environments and manage the production release process that ensures the reliability and availability of the platform
• Maintain up to date and relevant play books and documentation in support of the different platforms/programs
• Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code (eg : Puppet, Shell scripting), software build tools (Maven, ANT, Shell ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, etc)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
• 2+ years of related experience
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Very strong Project Management experience performing ITIL RM /SCM activities
• 4 or more years of professional experience leading Build and Release engineering practices and activities.
• Knowledge of SCM concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
• Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
• Ability to work with customers, developers, testing, project management, support staff
• Familiarity with software development life cycle models and agile programming methodologies
• Familiar with Agile software development model
• Experience acquiring In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployment
• Technical proficiency in most of the following tools and platforms: SVN (Subversion), ClearQuest, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GO, Oracle, Java, JBOSS, TIBCO, Informatica, Sales Force, VM Ware
As a condition of employment, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
FederaSolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If interested in this role please send your resume/coverletter with salary requirements to Jason @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.