ITIL v4 Certification?

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
itguy27

Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:26 pm

I've heard that the ITIL v4 is coming out in Q1 2019. Should I wait to complete the foundation certification until after it is released or should I go ahead and do it now? Is there any advantage to the new version?

Cheers,
Greg

itilnewbie3

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:48 am

I saw a couple of courses out there in 2019 for V4. It looks like they will be update with some areas like Devops, Agile, etc. I personally would wait, but I don't know all of the information.
UKVIKING
Senior Itiler
Senior Itiler

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:06 am

If you have questions about ITIL v4 go to Axelos the owner of ITIL

They will know first
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
Marianne Cherney

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:41 am

ITIL V3 will be in place until June 2020. The courses are full of solid information. ITIL 4 Foundation will be released Q1 of 2019. A good percent of ITIL 3 is in ITIL 4 Foundation and there is new material. What we are telling people as of today, October 26, 2018 is this - if your organizations or a job requires ITIL V3 Foundation certification get it now as it will remain valuable. If you have no reason to get ITIL Foundation other than you would like to have this certification, then wait until Q1 2019 and get the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification as it is not that far away.

Other than Foundation the remainder of courses/certifications will not be released until Mid to Late 2019 so there is plenty of time to continue with your V3 certifications and begin your ITIl 4 certifications.

It appears that there are 3 paths to take:
1. The one above for individuals looking for Foundation Certification.
2. One for people who have taken Foundation and a couple of V3 Intermediate courses
3. One for individuals who currently hold 17 or more ITIL V3 credits

We have been working with AXELOS and PeopleCert to make sure we have full grasp of the paths and the best way to get there. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.