ITIL foundation completed

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Aravindragh

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:10 am

Hi,

I have completed my ITIL foundation certification.Can anybody help what i have to do next.Whats the procedure for doing ITIL practioner.

Aravind

thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 am

First of all congratz.

Seond, did you take the v2 or the v3 foundation exam?

Third, the procedure for taking a practitioner is to sign up for a training session, its not self study. you can google for training courses in your location.

Finally, why do you want to take a practitioner? did you decide what practitioner course to take? is it Job related or is it just another certificate on the wall?
Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Aravindragh

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:01 am

Hi thanks for your reply

I have completed my V3 certification

Actually i am working as IT Infrastructure Team Lead in a organization so i thought i would like to upgrade my skills in ITIL.Could you suggest me what i can do next.
UKVIKING
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:29 am

use google to search the ITIL certification path
go to the official ITIL web site and do the same

Read some of the other threads in this forum
John Hardesty
ITSM Manager's Certificate (Red Badge)

Change Management is POWER & CONTROL. /....evil laughter
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:59 am

There is no V3 Practitioner Path. Your next step is teh Intermediate level. This has 2 streams - 1 the Lifecycle stream - one course for each stage - Strategy, Design, Transition, Operation, CSI.
2 The Capability stream - 4 courses -
Operational Support and Analysis, Release, Control and Validation, Service Offerings and Agreements and Planning, Protection and Optimisation.

Chossing the right courses is important, so take John's advice above, and research this first[/list]
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
preety

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:28 pm

Hello All,

I am newbie to IITL. I am planning to learn foundation course and give certification exam for the same. Do i have to enroll for clasroom training or would self stufy work? If yes then, where can i get material for foundation course? Also can anbody tell me about training and prometric centers in bangalore?

Thanks,
IITL aspirant
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:03 pm

As it says elsewhere on this forum, you do not need a classroom course for Foundation. If you contact me directly, I will send you details of good elearning.

And just Google Prometric Bangalore, as I just did, for the other information.
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
Sadiq-M
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:05 am

Hi

Welcome to the forum. As others in the forum said the training for ITIL Foundation is not must. You can always prepare on your own and write the exam, when you feel you are comfortable to take up the exam.

You can also go through some e-learning content for preparation, which would be cost effective also.

You can directly contact me i can help you with e-learning content and exam.

Regards,
Sadiq

preety wrote:Hello All,

I am newbie to IITL. I am planning to learn foundation course and give certification exam for the same. Do i have to enroll for clasroom training or would self stufy work? If yes then, where can i get material for foundation course? Also can anbody tell me about training and prometric centers in bangalore?

Thanks,
IITL aspirant
Sadiq-M
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:13 am

Hello Aravind,

Congrats for completing the ITIL Foundation Certification. You can directly reach me if you are interested in ITIL Expert Program.

Regards,
Sadiq

Aravindragh wrote:Hi,

I have completed my ITIL foundation certification.Can anybody help what i have to do next.Whats the procedure for doing ITIL practioner.

Aravind