exam this saturday on ISEB SSS case study - Any last min poi

Discussions related to ITIL certification, training and exams.
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello all,

this Saturday I would be writing my v2 managers on the iseb SSS case study. Anyone who has given the same and also any last min pointers to crack this please?

Thanks,

Puskar

rpmason
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Puskar, Look down the forum about 4 topics and open "V2 Managers Exams in April". Lots of good info in the first 5 or so posts.

I don't have any specifics on the SSS case study, but our instructor had us put our case study company's strengths, weaknesss, opportunities, threats (SWOTs) in a matrix. For example, if Change Management was a "weakness", improving (or adding) it would be an "opportunity" because (fill in your case-study-specific reasons).

When I walked into the test, I already had some ideas for answers and was prepared to describe how improving Change Management would help the business.
Ruth Mason
USA
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:20 am

The single most important aspect of the case-study, is to make sure you answer the case-study questions with plenty of references to the case-study!
I would advise, before you start writing any of the answers, write CASE STUDY!!! next to the (probably 2, possibly 3) questions which mention it.

If a student gives a generic answer with no reference to the case study (ie they say why Change management is a good thing, how to implement etc., but do not reference the case study) They will score ZERO for that question.

If they answer along the lines of "Configuration Managemnet would be a good idea for SSS because...." followed by a generic answer, they will score very, very few marks, if any.

So First - IDENTIFY THE CASE STUDY QUESTIONS!!!
Second, ensure that you refer to the case study 1 or 2 times per paragraph
Example- "It would be advisable for X to start Capacity Management activities for the x system, as
-it is the system with most issues/
-It is the most business crtical service because it supports the xx business activity
-The business wants to expand its use
etc.

Do NOT say "appoint a Problem manager" if there is already one in the org structure.
Do say "This role could be taken by nnnn, the current nnnnn manager, as it wouyld be a good fit with his present responsibilities"

You get the idea.

Otherwise, asd above, try and work out strengths/weaknesses, current level of maturity of different processes etc.

Finally, with all your answers - allocate your time, do not over-run - go onto the next question, and go back to your unfinished one if there is time.
Write sufficently long answers to cover all the points - about 3-5 pages for each question.
Good Luck!
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Accredited ITIL and ISO/IEC20000 Trainer and Consultant - Freelance
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:16 am

Hi...Thanks a lot to both of you. Have written the questions well I guess and now its all a matter of time when I come to know about the results. Thanks once again :D
DYbeach
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Good luck, hope you get a great pass :)
DYbeach
ITIL V3 Release, Control & Validation,
ITIL V3 Operation SUpport & Analysis
PMI CAPM (R)

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." George Orwell
thechosenone69
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:11 am

Puskar,

I suggested on a different thread 10 steps revision guide for the V2 managers exam. I suggest you should go through those.
Ali Makahleh
Configuration Management(Blue Badge),
ITILV2 Service Manager(Red Badge),
ITILV3 Expert(Lilac Badge) Certified.

“If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing." W. Edwards Deming.
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:27 am

Got to shout it out now... Cleared the V2 managers now looking for the Bridge... but would take a break before that 8)
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:33 am

Congratulations! Whether you go for Manager's Bridge or not, the Red Badge is a greatly-respected qualification in its own right
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:35 am

Thank you ... it feels great too :D
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:03 am

Seniors... Just being inquisitive... do u think they would send the batches still? I mean the RED Badge as when I gave my practitioners didnt get any :(
swansong
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:27 pm

Seniors... Just being inquisitive... do u think they would send the batches still? I mean the RED Badge as when I gave my practitioners didnt get any
Sorry mate, but this is my pet hate.

In terms of this forum a senior ITIL'er is not some one with the most experience and / or the best qualifications. A senior ITIL'er is the someone who has posted more than 50 times on this forum.

Even that dodgy lady who keeps on posting dodgy links to training sites will be a senior ITIL'er in a few weeks if she keeps at her present rate of posting.
LizGallacher
ITIL Expert
ITIL Expert

Sat May 01, 2010 6:53 am

I think they will keep sending the badges until the stock runs out - which it may have done already, or very soon. They will not order any more
Liz Gallacher,
ITIL EXPERT
Puskar
Itiler
Itiler

Tue May 11, 2010 8:29 am

Fyi... those who have cleared the exam from ISEB they would have to contact their Service desk and then get the batch delivered from itSMF